C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New wheel teaser!!!! History!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
Originally Posted by danlnyc
I'm going to have to agree with blue00r6.

It's funny how someone who disagrees is automatically a "hater". Who's hating here? The OP wanted to "know what you guys feel about them" and we gave our opinions. You don't have to have a modded car to know when something looks like crap.

Did you really think posting this would end up with a thread-full of praise? You have green wheels on a white car man. Don't make threads like this if you're not ready to take the critisicm.
you just contradicted yourself sir, you said no one is hating followed by "looks like crap"...... in my book thats hating. but w/e im not about to start arguing with anyone.

Last edited by wnunez89; 09-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 W210 E55
post a full side shot already!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
It's funny how someone who disagrees is automatically a "hater". Who's hating here? The OP wanted to "know what you guys feel about them" and we gave our opinions.
The problem is that our language is in tatters and words have lost their meaning for much of what goes on online. If one happens to like something, they are a "fanboy"; express some disagreement, and the hyperbolic "hater" is applied. Nuance is lost, and the subtleties of like and dislike seem long gone in an environment where extreme is the new norm. The ability or desire to discuss shades of gray has been replaced by dichotomous outposts of black and white. Of course, even understanding some of the words is a new challenge. Where have the writing and speech teachers been for the last twenty years?

In that spirit, and beyond my earlier play on words, my answer is:

I don't care for them, but they are distinctive. If the OP likes them, so be it.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by wnunez89
you just contradicted yourself sir, you said no one is hating followed by "looks like crap"...... in my book thats hating. but w/e im not about to start arguing with anyone.
saying "looks like crap" is FAR from hating on someone...that's an opinion, I have not hated on OP's car. It's just so annoying how people post pictures, ask for opinions, and then follow off with "you're all haters" the second anybody disagrees with them. Haters are for people who can't take criticism.

But I agree, not trying to start an argument.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
if comments like: "WTF is that ****" "what the hell were you thing" "you just ruined it" "looks like crap" isnt hate, then what is? if someone was to respond to the OP's pic with a comment like "not for me" "not my taste" then thats not "hating" but with comments like the above that's definitely "hating". And from what the OP said he isn't taking any of the insults to heart, so OBV he can handle an insult, but dont try and say there's no hate when its blatantly right there. and yes you can say its an opinion but come on... if your gonna dish it out, don't get offended when your called out on being a hater.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 PM

mercedes benz c300
saying "looks like crap" is FAR from hating on someone...that's an opinion, I have not hated on OP's car. It's just so annoying how people post pictures, ask for opinions, and then follow off with "you're all haters" the second anybody disagrees with them. Haters are for people who can't take criticism.

But I agree, not trying to start an argument.

Hey i thanked everyone fo theyr opinions, i said my car received hate, (jokingly) but i never called anyone haters, i realize i asked for opinions, and thats what i wanted, whether theyr bad or not.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM

mercedes benz c300
Originally Posted by wnunez89
if comments like: "WTF is that ****" "what the hell were you thing" "you just ruined it" "looks like crap" isnt hate, then what is? if someone was to respond to the OP's pic with a comment like "not for me" "not my taste" then thats not "hating" but with comments like the above that's definitely "hating". And from what the OP said he isn't taking any of the insults to heart, so OBV he can handle an insult, but dont try and say there's no hate when its blatantly right there. and yes you can say its an opinion but come on... if your gonna dish it out, don't get offended when your called out on being a hater.
wn

Gotta agree with this one guys, thanks for all the support wnunez, you can tell me you dont like something with out bashig on it. However i did ask for opinions, and no words were taking to heart, none at all
Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
At least you can take the heat! with wheels like that you'll need to be able to when you're out in public

but really though, that front offset looks really shallow.. i guess we'll have to see a better angle
Old 09-13-2011, 08:36 PM

mercedes benz c300
ok guys there it is
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post4831376
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 AM

W204 2010 C300 Sport/6M
I like them. Way to be unique and do your own thing. I don't think the accents are needed though. The rims are enough.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by kendricksoares
Hate, hate, and some more hate.... lol
its what i figured i would get.
Got a little more work to do, ima throw some little green accentes on the car and well see.

And for everyone wondering, yes im in my senior year in high school, so maybe thats where the stupidity comes from
That is why I asked - if you are in HS, you are a complete badass in my book...'nuff said.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Scat01
That is why I asked - if you are in HS, you are a complete badass in my book...'nuff said.
+1
Old 09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by kendricksoares
Hey i thanked everyone fo theyr opinions, i said my car received hate, (jokingly) but i never called anyone haters, i realize i asked for opinions, and thats what i wanted, whether theyr bad or not.
Exactly just opinions, at the end is your ride and do what you like, as long you are satisfied with the result, it’s what it counts.