C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Retrofit rear roller blind

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport
Retrofit rear roller blind

Apart from the rear roller blind assembly, the dash, and the switch in the front what else is needed to retrofit the rollerblind?
Thx
BN
Old 02-26-2013, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by bnam
Apart from the rear roller blind assembly, the dash, and the switch in the front what else is needed to retrofit the rollerblind?
Thx
BN
anyone know the answer to this?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 C350
Just did this myself in a 2010 C350 (usa)...

Originally Posted by rasta26
anyone know the answer to this?
I know this is a very old thread but if anyone needs to know how let me know and I'll post up part numbers and basic procedures (It will require a star diagnostics unit with special DAS (05.2012 developer) and a offline programming password (generated for your car's VIN) along with some physical labor
Old 09-27-2014, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 4MATIC Sport sedan
Originally Posted by Jwrightmcps
I know this is a very old thread but if anyone needs to know how let me know and I'll post up part numbers and basic procedures (It will require a star diagnostics unit with special DAS (05.2012 developer) and a offline programming password (generated for your car's VIN) along with some physical labor
please post!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:36 PM

2010 C350
Quick notes.... (most important to enable)

Alright, I started my write-up last night and will try to finish and post later tomorrow...

For those that know what parts they needed and are stuck with trying to enable it, you have two options:

1. Get your cars VeDoc updated to add option code and then online SCN code the rear SAM and Central Gateway (note this can only be done by Mercedes)

2. Using DAS/Xentry (need older version, I used 05.2012) enable option 540 (heckoroll) from the development section in DAS for the Central gateway. Next using Xentry go into rear SAM and the select adaptions>programming. Then choose offline (will require special password, can use carpro key Gen for this) and then perform the software update for the SAM, followed by the initialization. When you get to the SCN coding just skip/abort and make sure to click the "unlock" icon at end (unlocks unit). Next go back to DAS select the rear SAM developer>Adaptions>Variant Coding then set all options (equivalent to SCN coding). Finish by clearing all faults and then running a quick test (if you do not have folding rear seats you will see faults and a warning in the instrument cluster, this is easy to fix by grounding a few pins in the rear SAM) and then testing the rollerblind via SDS and the button...

That's all for right now, will post more details soon
Old 10-03-2014, 01:12 AM

2010 C350
Talking Finally got some time to write-up everything!

Ok, sorry for the long delay... busy week for me and didn't get much time but did manage to finish up just now... I have created a PDF and attached it here. The PDF details all items needed and the basic steps, including the programming process via SDS... If you are unsure how to perform certain steps (i.e. remove COMMNAD unit), let me know and I can extract the pages from WIS...

Also I would suggest searching ebay for the roller blind and hat try (you need both otherwise it will cost about $600.00 for the hat try alone) before buying it new from the dealer (I found mine for $150.00) for $1,600.00...

Anyway this is a fairly simple task once you know what to do (this took me a whole day to figure out) and should take about 2-3 hours for most to complete... If you do not have access to SDS then you are going to have a very hard time getting the roller blind enabled, so make sure you have access to this!

Well I hope this helps others as I first tried to search and found NOTHING, so I guess I must be the first to actually do it!

Take care,

Jason
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The following 2 users liked this post by Jwrightmcps:
eclipse1 (05-23-2018), trigital (05-18-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 02:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe W207
Originally Posted by Jwrightmcps
Ok, sorry for the long delay... busy week for me and didn't get much time but did manage to finish up just now... I have created a PDF and attached it here. The PDF details all items needed and the basic steps, including the programming process via SDS... If you are unsure how to perform certain steps (i.e. remove COMMNAD unit), let me know and I can extract the pages from WIS...

Also I would suggest searching ebay for the roller blind and hat try (you need both otherwise it will cost about $600.00 for the hat try alone) before buying it new from the dealer (I found mine for $150.00) for $1,600.00...

Anyway this is a fairly simple task once you know what to do (this took me a whole day to figure out) and should take about 2-3 hours for most to complete... If you do not have access to SDS then you are going to have a very hard time getting the roller blind enabled, so make sure you have access to this!

Well I hope this helps others as I first tried to search and found NOTHING, so I guess I must be the first to actually do it!

Take care,

Jason
Many many years later - IT DID ! Thanks !!!