C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Parktronic / Quick Park Parking Sensor Radar DIY for only $14??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Cool Parktronic / Quick Park Parking Sensor Radar DIY for only $14??

Anybody have any experience with the aftermarket pre painted Parktronic / Quick Park systems that you can get for $14-$15 shipped off ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Parking-...item4aaad2751c

How hard are they to install?

I searched but could not find any DIYs...

Any insight or links to DIYs would be much appreciated!

Would love to add a quick park sensor right in the place in my bumper where someone tapped me while parking like a jack @$$ and tatooing my bumper with a giant screw hole from their front plate!

If I could do it for $15 I would be elated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to install these kits in a w204.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
I bought it from ebay for that price, silver pre-painted for my 2002 QX4. I's say it's pretty easy to install. Most time I spent was on where to drill holes with accurate measurement. I place the display on the steering whell top cover, behind steering wheel but in front of meter cluster. Since the display is a low profile one, it does not block my view of seeing the dash meter. If it does, I could lower the steering wheel a bit.

One thing I missed is that when distance is very close, it should give a continuous "Bi...............", but the one I got still sound " Bi..Bi..Bi." which I don't care that much. The other thing is my unit got an intermittent display, missing some strokes. For that I got $7 refund. I fixed it myself by re-soldering most solder joints on the PCB.

Nice feature is that it shows where the object is, left or right, or both. The displayed distance is in meter and is very accurate.

I was looking for a 6 sensor kit (2 sensors for the front bumper) but there were not many, so I gave up.

I have to dirll not only the plastic bumper cover but the real metal bumper, because the sensor length is greater than the gap between bumper cover and the metal bumper. For my new C300, I will not install that.

Last edited by C300CA; 10-04-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: corrections
Old 10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by C300CA
I bought it from ebay for that price, silver pre-painted for my 2002 QX4. I's say it's pretty easy to install. Most time I spent was on where to drill holes with accurate measurement. I place the display on the steering whell top cover, behind steering wheel but in front of meter cluster. Since the display is a low profile one, it does not block my view of seeing the dash meter. If it does, I could lower the steering wheel a bit.

One thing I missed is that when distance is very close, it should give a continuous "Bi...............", but the one I got still sound " Bi..Bi..Bi." which I don't care that much. The other thing is my unit got an intermittent display, missing some strokes. For that I got $7 refund. I fixed it myself by re-soldering most solder joints on the PCB.

Nice feature is that it shows where the object is, left or right, or both. The displayed distance is in meter and is very accurate.

I was looking for a 6 sensor kit (2 sensors for the front bumper) but there were not many, so I gave up.

I have to dirll not only the plastic bumper cover but the real metal bumper, because the sensor length is greater than the gap between bumper cover and the metal bumper. For my new C300, I will not install that.
thanks for the response... so the cheap kits really do work, just a matter of dealing with the install... hmmm
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
Damn, thats cheap. Cant be too hard for the rear installation. most likely it will just be getting its power from the back up lights.

I am more interested for the front and rear sensor, i emailed the seller for the instructions (hopefully it is written half decent) as i don't know what would trigger the front sensors, are they always on?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:54 AM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
Damn, thats cheap. Cant be too hard for the rear installation. most likely it will just be getting its power from the back up lights.

I am more interested for the front and rear sensor, i emailed the seller for the instructions (hopefully it is written half decent) as i don't know what would trigger the front sensors, are they always on?
One ebay 6 sensor kit says the front sensor uses brake + power. When braking, front sensors start to work.

I doubt it is a good enough logic. People could drive slowly towards an object without braking, therefore front sensors are not working. Drive has to judge if he is too close to the object.

Why not use a permanent 12V so the front sensor are always working?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by C300CA
One ebay 6 sensor kit says the front sensor uses brake + power. When braking, front sensors start to work.

I doubt it is a good enough logic. People could drive slowly towards an object without braking, therefore front sensors are not working. Drive has to judge if he is too close to the object.

Why not use a permanent 12V so the front sensor are always working?
That makes sense, my car has the MB installed sensors, also front and back and they operate like you described. the fronts are not always on though, when you apply the brake you can see the led turn on but they are not super sensitive, you need to be fairly close (about 30-40cm) to the object before it starts beeping.

I was thinking of getting the ebay ones for my wifes car, domt know how they would wire to the front brakes. anyway they emailed me the manual but haven't looked at it yet.