C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My UK C350 CDI Sport 125 Edition & Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 CDI Sport 125
My UK C350 CDI Sport 125 Edition & Review

Hi all,

Thought I'd join up, say hello and let you know how happy I am with my new toy!

I picked her up three weeks ago now and had a cracking drive back from Stockport to Stafford on the country roads.

The other half has decided to call her 'Snowy'... what can I say, I used to like TinTin (Not sure if that was ever aired in the US?!)

I've only ever driven the pre facelift C350 and fell in love with that straight away... this just seems worlds apart again... definitely a different feeling car to drive, not just in terms of power, but gearbox and indeed ratios.

I've done about 800 miles so far, a good mix of rural, town and motorway.

I think its rare to get into a car and feel instantly 'at home' someone said on another club how it can feel like three different cars because of the lovely 7g box and how right they are.

A lovely, easy car to mooch around in town and residential areas, then (bearing in mind I'm keeping things low key whilst I run in) in Sport and Manual she's a bloody beast!! God knows how the C63 lad's skin isn't peeled back if this is what a 3.0L diesel can do!!

The strange experience was the Friday going to pick her up. I had built a high expectation in terms of looks, quality and drive-ability. I think anyone would agree, unconsciously you don't want to have too high of expectations in case you're let down... the fact is, Snowy has utterly blown me away, far exceeding my expectations!

Looks wise, I think the pre-facelift is a good looking car, but I absolutely love the facelift, the interior quality is a good step in the right direction and now compares to the new E Class.

In terms of gadgets and functions, even though I've read about them, I'm still impressed! There are so many little things, which although daft, I love right from some of the controls, the centre computer in the speedometer to the neon looking white side lights.

It feels a very very solid car. Whilst I didn't expect it to be the best handling thing out there, it does feel safe and planted at sensible, legal speeds on country roads.

The brakes are lovely and bite hard. The ECO feature, whilst initially a little annoying, I now see there is actually a way to hold it on the brake without the ECO kicking in... (for those that don't know) press that little bit harder, the ECO kicks in, then releasing the brake pedal starts the engine again.

The steering feel precise and adaptive to the speed. There is a little more body roll than I would have liked, but the lovely front seats hold you in firm... not such the case for any rear seat passengers.

She certainly seems a head turner, perhaps the colour helps, not many being on the road probably helps too... and of course, the 'look at me' daytime running lights attract attention.

The Comand Online is excellent. I've used a Nav50 before, which was ok, but not being able to enter full postcodes was crazy. You can with this Comand and the general graphical improvements are good.

I cannot use the online feature as there is a iPhone4 internet tethering issue, however being able to sit in, leaving my phone in my pocket and play my music and make calls if needed is fantastic.

I love how you can chose one function such as Sat Nav to show in the main centre console, whilst having say the music on the speedometer screen.... talking of music... the Harmon Kardon speakers are excellent, albeit, they need a little more time to bed in.

The intelligent lighting is excellent on the whole... I secretly hoped they'd improved the auto high beam, as its not exactly perfect on my old man's E350... unfortunately its still the same, not dipping when it should... however its a case of doing the good old manual flick of the switch off... I just wish when flicking on, it came on instantly.

Right, I have plenty more driving to do and more time to experience the car.

In case you'd hadn't gathered, I think Snowy and I will be in for a good relationship.

Her Details:

C350 CDI Sport 125 Edition
Calcite White
Pan Roof
Comand Online
Full Black Leather
Heated Front Seats
Harmon Kardon 5.1
Aluminium interior trim

265Bhp / 600Nm
0-60 in 6 seconds

Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM

2018 C43 4matic
She's a beauty and congrats - I'm still waiting for my C350 to arrive in Toronto. The waiting is a killer!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM

2012 C300 4Matic Sport, AMG package
Nice!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
This car must be one of the first V6 CDIs with the ECO Stop-Start feature. I've tried it with the 250 CDI engine (on a W221 S-class) and I did not find it annoying. Why do you want to avoid it kicking in? Is the V6 slower to start, on the 221 there was really no delay from pressing the gas pedal to make the car move from traffic lights.