C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

What Am I Doing Wrong?? (HID CONVERSION)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4MATIC
What Am I Doing Wrong?? (HID CONVERSION)

I purchased an HID conversion kit off of ebay after doing a lot of reading and seeing how (seemingly) easy it was to DIY. However, when I tried it myself I couldn't for the life of me figure it out, even after following the youtube video of the guy installing them on his W204. I thought I might have gotten a dud kit so I went to my dealership and asked them to install it. $80 later, sure enough they work, however I didn't buy an error canceler so they flickered and went out. I replaced them with my stock halogens and ordered a pair of cancelers.

After seeing that the kit is definitely functional, I decided to give it another shot myself once I got my cancelers in. I don't know what I'm doing wrong though cause I still can't get them to power on. Heres what I do:

1) pull out the stock bulbs 2) place the HID bulbs into the socket and secure with the metal clip 3) connect the red wire to the slot with two wires, black with the single wire 4) then hook up all the ballast connections

All of this is done with the ignition on, but the lights in the off position. When I go flip the lights on, nothing happens and eventually a check low beam error pops up.

What am I doing wrong???? Is there something I'm missing??? Its a hassel to go to the dealership and there's no use throwing away $80 on something I should be able to do myself.

TIA
Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM

C300 Sport
i think the red wire goes to the slot with 2 wires if im not mistaken
Old 10-20-2011, 05:22 PM

2008 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by hvtopiwala
i think the red wire goes to the slot with 2 wires if im not mistaken

I'm a moron, i figured that out about 10 minutes ago and BAM! Can't wait to see how they look at night. Thanks for your help