C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

end of lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
end of lease

My lease will be up November 19th. I received a letter from MB Financial that they no longer inspect the vehicle prior to return. Within 30 days they will send me an itemized bill for excess wear and damage. I much preferred when they came out and saw the car so there were no surprises

Needless to say I am not happy with this. Does anyone have experience with this new (at least to me) system? What can I do to protect myself?

Last edited by SCHUTZEE; 10-28-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250,GLK350
Originally Posted by SCHUTZEE
My lease will be up November 19th. I received a letter from MB Financial that they no longer inspect the vehicle prior to return. Within 30 days they will send me an itemized bill for excess wear and damage. I much preferred when they came out and saw the car so there were no surprises

Needless to say I am not happy with this. Does anyone have experience with this new (at least to me) system? What can I do to protect myself?
The dealer will perform a basic inspection...any scratch or dent bigger than a credit card will be billed and if there is cord exposed on the tires you will be charged. No service can be due (it can say xxx miles until maint, but not x Maint exceeded by xxx miles) you should have a good idea if anything will be due at time of drop off. Make an appointment for the drop off and allow yourself some time to ensure that all your questions are answered.