C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Comand Online - Data Conn and Bluetooth - Android

Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C220 Saloon Sport (Facelift 2012 model)
Originally Posted by mikibest
I've developed a new android app, it's name is "BlueDUN" and it allows to connect the Mercedes Comand OnLine; it works with all latest Android phones.
Check on google Play and download it.
Hi,

I downloaded this straight away to try but I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. The car triggers BlueDUN and the status screen changes to say "Sent 0k/Received 0K" and "Connections TCP=0/UDP=0" but then the car comes back with "Connection failed". This is on a 2012 model C-Class with Comand Online and an HTC Desire S. Have tried my SIM in an old Nokia and it works so I know that tethering is enabled and that the profile I'm trying in the car works ("O2 Mobile Web Monthly" I think it's called).

If you can get this working you'll have plenty of buyers...

Cheers,
Tim
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by tj80
Hi,

I downloaded this straight away to try but I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. The car triggers BlueDUN and the status screen changes to say "Sent 0k/Received 0K" and "Connections TCP=0/UDP=0" but then the car comes back with "Connection failed". This is on a 2012 model C-Class with Comand Online and an HTC Desire S. Have tried my SIM in an old Nokia and it works so I know that tethering is enabled and that the profile I'm trying in the car works ("O2 Mobile Web Monthly" I think it's called).

If you can get this working you'll have plenty of buyers...

Cheers,
Tim
It should be a simple issue, another user sent me the application log for the same problem and I'm looking into the code. Thank you
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 AM

It should be a simple issue, another user sent me the application log for the same problem and I'm looking into the code. Thank you
Excellent, if you need any help testing etc let me know!

Thanks,
Tim
Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 AM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by tj80
Excellent, if you need any help testing etc let me know!

Thanks,
Tim
Good news: the new release (1.04b) of BlueDUN app is available on Google Paly, please upgrade it.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Good news: the new release (1.04b) of BlueDUN app is available on Google Paly, please upgrade it.

For ignorants like me....is COMAND Online retrofitable? Is it a simple program update?

Thanks...
Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Now that's responsive! Thanks, I've updated and will try it again tonight.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM

Just a quick update - version 1.04b of BlueDUN WORKS! It seems to get confused sometimes, especially if the phone has a wifi connection and it's fallen over on me a few times but it does work! Have bought the full version, hopefully it will continue to develop. Things are looking up for us Android owners - I see the new version of Cyanogenmod firmware includes the MAP protocol so theoretically Comand should then be able to read your text messages to you as well!

Cheers,
Tim
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM

C300
Smile

I've developed a new android app, it's name is "BlueDUN" and it allows to connect the Mercedes Comand OnLine; it works with all latest Android phones.
Check on google Play and download it.

I have just tired it and it works! After hours of fruitless efforts with different BT DUN apps - FoxFi etc., finally some light in the tunnel. I use Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and the car is MB C300, MY12. My advice to all people trying to connect to comand online is: go to android market and get BlueDun, it works for me. Thanks mikibest.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM

2012 C 220 CDI Coupé
Excellent

I tested the trial version and it works so now i have purchased the app, i use a Galaxy Nexus with ICS 4.0.2.

While it was fantastic to finally see Command in action i find the connection to be *extremely* slow, i have a very good 3G connection and surfing on the phone itself is fast. When i use Command it feels like i am running on an old dial up line, is this because of limitations in the bluetooth protocol or something else ?

I will be more than happy to help with troubleshooting if needed.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 AM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by anderskov
I tested the trial version and it works so now i have purchased the app, i use a Galaxy Nexus with ICS 4.0.2.

While it was fantastic to finally see Command in action i find the connection to be *extremely* slow, i have a very good 3G connection and surfing on the phone itself is fast. When i use Command it feels like i am running on an old dial up line, is this because of limitations in the bluetooth protocol or something else ?

I will be more than happy to help with troubleshooting if needed.
This is only a beta version, the development continues to make the app more stable and increase the speed performances. You will receives the updates directly from Google Play for both Trial and full version.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 AM

2012 C 220 CDI Coupé
This is only a beta version, the development continues to make the app more stable and increase the speed performances. You will receives the updates directly from Google Play for both Trial and full version.
Looking forward to it :-)
And like i said, if you need logs or testers, let me know.
You should consider selling the app to Mercedes
Old 03-30-2012, 10:10 AM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by anderskov
You should consider selling the app to Mercedes

The reason because I wrote the app is that I'm a owner of MB C coupè 2011 since last january and see the comand "offline" for all this time was very frustrating
I hope this help all MB enthusiast like me to fully enjoy their "star"
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 AM

C63s Wagon 2019
Hi!

The BlueDun software did the trick for me too, thanks! (Using Motoral Razr)

Now that I got to see the Comand Online in it's full glory, I wasn't that impressed though... :-)
MB should really release some more stuff for it.

Will this software be needed for Android 4 as well btw?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by bdajeha
Hi!

The BlueDun software did the trick for me too, thanks! (Using Motoral Razr)

Now that I got to see the Comand Online in it's full glory, I wasn't that impressed though... :-)
MB should really release some more stuff for it.

Will this software be needed for Android 4 as well btw?
Yes, Android 4 doesn't support the bluetooth DUN profile too (this is an old technology); I think it supports only the PAN service.
So, only a MB comand upgrade to PAN protocol may avoid to install a communication app on the phone.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 PM

C300
performance

I did some tests with bluedun connecting my notebook to internet. The performance was not so bad, definately much faster than Comand. I think MB should lift up their game a little. Looking at the way it connects it's using UDP - very old protocol - popular in the 90ties but very unsecure as far as I remember. A bit rusty on these things nowadays, but I had a lot of issues with it in my old days. Anyway, bluedun is a great app and I am very happy with it. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
I don't think it's the app but rather COMAND which is slow- I have used it both with a Nokia E51 and a Blackberry Bold 9900 and in both cases it was incredibly slow with good internet connections (two different telcos). I find it interesting to note the time it takes to launch the weather application in COMAND vs. just launching the Weather app on the iPhone.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by donvel
I did some tests with bluedun connecting my notebook to internet. The performance was not so bad, definately much faster than Comand. I think MB should lift up their game a little. Looking at the way it connects it's using UDP - very old protocol - popular in the 90ties but very unsecure as far as I remember. A bit rusty on these things nowadays, but I had a lot of issues with it in my old days. Anyway, bluedun is a great app and I am very happy with it. Keep up the good work!
I already wrote in another post:
the download speed strongly depends on the Mercedes VPN server (UDP protocol), because the comand doesn't connect directly to the web site, but throught the MB proxy; in other terms, when you open a link, the comand sends the request to the MB server, this server downloads the web content and forwards it to your car. When the proxy is busy, the performances are very poor
Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 AM

C 204 coupè
Here is a short user guide: MB Comand OnLine and Android phones

http://bluedunapp.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c250 sport sedan
Mikibest, thank you for developing BlueDUN app, I downloaded it onto my HTC WildfireS, re-paired with my 2012 mb, Comand online works fine now, mind you, it is slow and probably a bit useless, but if I paid for internet access in my car, I want it to work, so once again, thank you.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 PM

2012 C 350 Coupe
Mikibest- I downloaded your BlueDUN trial and I am struggling with it. I enabled the Browser via Engineering menu. I am able to get the BlueDUN and my command to Sync, but when it is time to add the provider, I can't find mine. I am in the US and use T Mobile. Can the information that I need be added manually?
There is NO US in the country menu where you choose your provider. What am i missing? I thought this would be easy!! I want to get this working before I purchase your APP in Google Play. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 PM

w205 - Black
How do I enable browser on MY2012 COMAND? I've already gone to engr menu & have enabled it there, but when I select the globe icon from the main menu selection bar, the engineering menu pops-up & not the browser.

edit: nevermind...got it working & it works great! I'm really enjoying google local search & street view - facebook is ok. To add, not sure what everyone here is talking about re: slow performance. Works just fine for me using htc evo 4g on sprint (4g wimax) & cyanogenmod 7 (20120421 nightly).

Last edited by woedee; 04-26-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:48 AM

C 204 coupè
BlueDUN app for Android suggested by Mercedes Benz official web site:

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/...03/compare/~bt
Attached Thumbnails Comand Online - Data Conn and Bluetooth - Android-mb.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 AM

C 204 coupè
Originally Posted by Energybiz
Mikibest- I downloaded your BlueDUN trial and I am struggling with it. I enabled the Browser via Engineering menu. I am able to get the BlueDUN and my command to Sync, but when it is time to add the provider, I can't find mine. I am in the US and use T Mobile. Can the information that I need be added manually?
There is NO US in the country menu where you choose your provider. What am i missing? I thought this would be easy!! I want to get this working before I purchase your APP in Google Play. Thanks for the help!
Provider is not important, you can choose any. Set the DNS parameters as automatically assigned
Old 06-06-2012, 04:34 PM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Hi mikibest,

Would it work with the new Samsung Galaxy S3? I can receive SMS with this phone but cannot connect to command online?

Perry
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 AM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Purchased the app, followed instructions and got the galaxy s3 phone to connect and everything works at lunch time. However later in the day connection failed. Tried everything as per instructions from reauthoring the phone and changing various settings but still cannot to command online now. It is weird as I was able to get it working earlier???.

Last edited by pcho; 06-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Comand Online - Data Conn and Bluetooth - Android