C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

NEW TO MB I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300 4matic
NEW TO MB I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS

I have had nothing but infiniti's until recently a lady ran a light and totaled my beautiful car. --Ill add pics--- Anyway I have moved on to a 2009 C300 4matic. After having it for 2 months, I have been forcing myself to keep it because it just doesn't have all the extras my last vehicles have had in the past(HIDS, NAV, SMART KEY, PREMIUM SOUND)...I have been thinking about ways to do some stuff to keep me interested in it but I don't really want to mess with the warranty.

--I am looking to do some wheels 19's or 20's...whats the opinion around here? It also seems once I do that I will need to do an H&R spring..How do they ride? how low does it sit if you throw the 17" factories back in it? does it affect anything with a 4matic?
---I have seen some people with a c300, or c350 with the exhaust in the rear and bumper like the c63..How and where can I purchase this stuff...? is that a MB exhuast? if its for the v8 will it work on the c300?
--and what can I do to fix this sound system? its just horrible...I realize an aftermarket head unit is a nogo.. Will a 5 channel amp, an eq and a sub do me justice?

---any suggestions throw em out, I really don't know if I should keep it and make it amazing..or just go back to an infiniti.
Attached Thumbnails NEW TO MB I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS-infi.jpg   NEW TO MB I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS-infini2.jpg   NEW TO MB I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS-mb.jpg  
Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 AM

C300
Welcome ...To start off help around here is a bit slow...you will need to navigate and use the search feature.

Im fairly new as well, I recentlly bought AMG 19" reps and goin with H&R sport springs will let you know how that goes. As for the C63 exhaust difuser and upgrade it can be done theres a DIY bullet point that you can find on the DIY thread. I sure you can pick up a difuser from Ebay. Theres also a how to set up a after market sub and amp. Hope that helps ...
Old 11-16-2011, 04:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C300 09' (GONE) W205 C63S Edition 1 Estate
there are some sponsors on the forum who sell all the exterior parts you're gonna need,
Lights - gotta look for AZN optics

Diffuser - i think there are some on ebay, JBSPeed has some also has the spoilers and front lip

Exhaust - I think a lot of them have just the quad tips, if you're thinking about getting the Quad diffuser, you're gonna need to get quad tips, you can also those online, and I've seen a few members sell them on here too so just keep an eye out.

Spings - I have the H&R Sports springs, I've had them on for about 1k, I actually enjoy the ride more even though it is a little more stiff.

Wheels - I just got some VMRs, No complains at all about them.

I can't help you out on the sound part. hopefully some of the stuff was helpful.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 AM

4matic C300
Originally Posted by dru20s
I have had nothing but infiniti's until recently a lady ran a light and totaled my beautiful car. --Ill add pics--- Anyway I have moved on to a 2009 C300 4matic. After having it for 2 months, I have been forcing myself to keep it because it just doesn't have all the extras my last vehicles have had in the past(HIDS, NAV, SMART KEY, PREMIUM SOUND)...I have been thinking about ways to do some stuff to keep me interested in it but I don't really want to mess with the warranty.

--I am looking to do some wheels 19's or 20's...whats the opinion around here? It also seems once I do that I will need to do an H&R spring..How do they ride? how low does it sit if you throw the 17" factories back in it? does it affect anything with a 4matic?
---I have seen some people with a c300, or c350 with the exhaust in the rear and bumper like the c63..How and where can I purchase this stuff...? is that a MB exhuast? if its for the v8 will it work on the c300?
--and what can I do to fix this sound system? its just horrible...I realize an aftermarket head unit is a nogo.. Will a 5 channel amp, an eq and a sub do me justice?

---any suggestions throw em out, I really don't know if I should keep it and make it amazing..or just go back to an infiniti.
Welcome to MB. Wow that's rought that you had to make that transition that way. That was a really clean G.

Rims - 19 and 20's have been done and there's tons of options for this. I believe people that are running 20's went with a full coilover setup
Exhaust - a lot of ppl have gotten the C63 tips and took it to a muffler shop to have them put on. I wouldnt do this unless you have the C63 diffuser. I would personally recommend JBSpeed for this. www.jbspeed.com
System - there is some DIY's here on how it can be done and you can also retrofit the Multi Media system into your car as well.

I have to say that buying the car when you did puts you at a good point because if you read some of the threads when the first came out there wasn't very much that could be done to our cars.

Happy Modding.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:30 PM

C350 Saks Fifth Avenue Edition
How were you able to see out of those windows?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:01 PM

09 C300 4matic
Easy they were only 20% the front was 50% but looked darker because of the other windows. Didnt even seem tinted on the windsheild from inside.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Yeah, it looked like a little bit of a cloudy day, which always makes tints look much darker.

Off topic, but I like the M45 rims on your g35, looks good. I came from a 2008 G37 (got it the day it came out) and now have a w204. It definitely takes some getting adjusting to (as far as features). But on the whole, I live the drive the Mercedes gives. There is just something about it that just seems "better". I can't really put my finger on it.

The people that have the "C63 exhaust" haven't retrofited the entire ///AMG exhaust. Most just add in an X-pipe (which sounds awesome) and then just weld in a Y-pipe on each muffler to have 2 exhaust tips on each muffler, giving the quad exhaust look of the C63. Then, all you gotta do is just order a quad diffuser off ebay and your all set.

If I were you I would look into blacking out the headlight housings, definitely looks MUCH cooler. And also look into changing the grille to something cool. I also like the spoiler lip that I have.

There has also been an extensive forum on changing the sound. Between going into the engineering menu and allowing for more sound, and swapping out the stock speakers for Infinity Kappa series (there is a very detailed DIY on this too - a simple search should reveal it), the results have been very favorable and it is relatively cheap install. Looks like you can have your Infinity after all, LOL!

Last edited by jctevere; 11-17-2011 at 02:01 AM.