C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MM Radio and Ipod Interface not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 w204 4MATIC.....26K OTD*COMAND*iPod*Brabus Bullit{coming soon}
Exclamation MM Radio and Ipod Interface not working

Let me state this, i was messing with my ipod connector cable and plug it back into the interface under the glove. worked great then about 10 minutes later this is what happened?

1. Radio HeadUnit works but no Background lights
2. No Ipod Controls on Steering Wheel
3. No Voice, Volume Or Navigation COntrols show up on the dash or work when i push them.
4. My Navi Knob works but the Lights {Back} and {CLR} dont light up
5. My Navigation Screen works but the Navigation Location is way off, it takes time to pin point my location. And it shuts off like it would if i didnt have a key in it, EVENTHOUGH my car is ON.
6. A cool option but sucks is that i can now watch a DVD movie while am driving but still no Background lights or steering wheel controls of the Navi display location or Clock time shown on the Screen. P.S. no VIM installed.

Yes i checked all the fuses and i pulled and pushed#11 and #26 fuses still nothing....And yes i have looked around the forums but no one has PM'ed me back who may have encountered this. So long sad story short, does anyone know the problem that can fix this?

P.S. i also removed the HU and check that mini 20amp fuse still nothing. i did read that it could be a loose Ipod Interface Harness Cable and everything is securly pinned together. its just strange things work but dont at the same time. Cause i dont wanna buy a new harness when it could be the interface or vise versa.
The dealer sucks in Brooklyn so before i take that route and get denied i wanted to get the DYI fix from the Forum "GODS"

Ideas PLease and THanx u