C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Installation (easy?) question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4Matic Sportretired teacher/professor
Installation (easy?) question

It's me again, looking for help again. I kinda feel guilty always asking and not contributing, but there will come a time...anyway, I am looking to buy and install the floor cargo mat, part number 204-868-00-74 in my 2008 C300 4matic Sport. Does anyone know if: it comes with instructions, and the installation "Hardware" if there is any? Another question, silly, but it's like the pimple on the end of your nose- you can't see it but you know its there- The two plastic "plugs" that secure the foremost part of the trunk liner (OEM) up by the back of the rear seat back in the trunk- one is missing, one is broken- does anyone know the part number or a suitable substitute that will work? You probably know what I mean- it is so minor, yet it's making me nuts. Thanks for your patience.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:54 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
u dont need instructions, just put it in, not hard to figure out which way is front, fits only one way. The black push pins behind the rear seat are pretty generic, use an old fork bent to grab under both sides and pull it up, if yours has a pin in the middle pull it up then the whole pin. Grab 2 from ANY autoparts stores help racks, theres only like 3 sizes and these MB ones are the standard middle size. If you are really helpless drive over to any body shop and they will replace for u in 2 min for like 5-10 bucks if thats better for you...
Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM

This is a "duh". What I meant was the floor cargo NET- not the vertical one that mounts at the rear of the trunk, but the one that lies flat, with no apparent fasteners that I could discern- not the mat. Just a brain freeze- and thanks for your patience and courtesy. The plugs I bought at Autozone to replace the 2 missing ones up near the corners nearest the back of the rear seat- it's just that there is no built in- if that is the term- fastener for the floor cargo net like my BMW's had. I have a really steep learning curve. Again, thank you for your courtesy and the way I worded the original post would lead someone to think I was a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Last edited by wszypszak; 11-27-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:26 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
no problem my friend. I will tell you that I have had my car apart inside and the trunk, installing a custom sound system. The rear trunk floor is actually a composite sheet floor suspended over the spare tire well with fabric attached. There are NO factory attachment points for a net, Im not sure what you have but Im guessing its some kind of cargo net like in the sides of trunk thats for the floor area. Basically u have to drill into the sheet material and affix fasteners which is kinda custom, or use the provided fasteners if there are any. If your not comfy working on cars or this car have a pro or knowledgable person do it for you. If you can attach pics of what u have I would be glad to speculate on the install for you
Old 11-27-2011, 03:29 PM

The thought of drilling holes is enough to discourage me. I can live without the net for now, but, thank you for your kind offer.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 PM

2012 C250
I have a 2012 C250 and recently purchased the cargo net. There are hooks under the the original mat the covers the trunk floor. The is also a perforation in the mat to pull the hooks up through. two near the rear of the vehicle and two near the seat back. Hope this helps.