C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Pic request for Halogen visibility on W204 FL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350
Pic request for Halogen visibility on W204 FL?

Hi All,

I've been an avid reader of this forum, specifically the W204 forum, for awhile now. I'm actually getting ready on buying my first Benz in the next few months, before my next college semester starts. I am running into a dilemma however.

From what I can gather, around my area (Northern VA area), none of the dealers seem to have any 2010/2011 C300's with the P2/Lighting package. I love xenon's; you practically need them to see at night in my area. I know with the pre-FL models, you can get an aftermarket HID kit and get better visibility since the headlights are projectors.

While I love that, I got to test drive the new FL C250 earlier last week, and my god do I love the interior. It reminds me a lot of the E-Class, and I'm an avid fan on the 2010+ E's (spoiled by my siblings 2010 E550). The only downside is, again, none of the C250's around the area have the lighting package already with them. Having only a spending limit of $36000-$37000, I don't really have the option to build from factory.

I tried searching the forums for pictures, but couldn't really find any. Is there a possibility someone with the 2012 FL C, with the standard halogens, post a picture of the visibility cutoff at night? I've heard that MB uses one of the best OSRAM's available on the halogens, but being reflectors, I kinda need to see it before I set myself out for the 2012 model. This is kinda the make or break deal for me.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by Crossed
Having only a spending limit of $36000-$37000, I don't really have the option to build from factory.
Not to segway the thread, but you do have the option to build from the factory - but you need to be aggressive with your deal.

There's about $5,600 worth of overhead on a C class from what a sales guy at ASC in Arlington told me trying to get my business (after he had pissed me off and I had already ordered from Euromotorcars Germantown).

I ordered a rather well equipped C250 (see my sig) and got it for $38,715. If you knock off the $1,040 wheels and $300 rear spoiler on mine, you come in close to your limit - and you can probably get a better deal then I did (my sticker was like $43K).
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350
Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely gonna have to check EuroMotorCars about that. So far I've only visited Benz of Alexandria, and they basically shoo'ed me away after trying to work with them on my options. Benz of Annapolis said they will work with me when I talked to one of their guys over the phone, but haven't had a chance to drive over there. I still have another few months before I'm ready for the actual ready on buying, so I'm still keeping my options open.

Still would be interested in checking out the lighting visibility on the reflectors from some of the board members!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Reflector technology has come a long way in terms of cutoff and visibility but if you are dead set on HID's and do not want a pnp kit in your reflector housing then I would suggest you look into a retrofit. Visit HIDplanet to find a retrofitter in your area (http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/foru...tting-Services) or http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum.php Given that you've waited this long to buy the car, you can do with some initial downtime while you have your headlights properly retrofitted with HID projectors. But if you find that you really cannot deal with that either then I would suggest (though I am not sure the bulb size) you look into HIR halogen bulbs, I don't remember the link but I think Daniel Stern lighting has some info on them. It's essentially like a halogen version of HID's so to speak.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Pictures aren't really going to do any justice. And your probably better off posting in the c204 (c-class coupe forum for 2012). As most of them have halogens and you can get their feedback, which is most accurate. Some owners even had w204's previously.

However, I would urge going to the dealer and pricing out a c250 with the lighting package ordered (or located). Even though the MSRP is right at and/or above your price range, you can easily haggle it down to a reasonable number. On the 2012's I wouldn't get the car without the lighting package. Not only is the halogen one reflector, so it would look ghetto with HID, but the xenon package looks awesome with the new led accents and design... For about $1,000 (slightly more) its a no brainer...