C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

VMR Wheels are on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Looking good.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by C300Kid
They make the correct bolt pattern and offset but I had to have the center bores re-drilled to 66.6. Supposedly they make them in 66.6 but according to VMR they don't really stock them. Also, the center caps didn't fit over the hub on my 45 offset front wheels so I had to modify those as well.

All in all pretty simple modifications to get a unique look for a MB.
Just bought a pair for my C350, how did u mod your centre caps? Do I have to get the Center bores re-drilled?? Worried now....
Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 PM

Mercedes Benz C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by C300Kid
They make the correct bolt pattern and offset but I had to have the center bores re-drilled to 66.6. Supposedly they make them in 66.6 but according to VMR they don't really stock them. Also, the center caps didn't fit over the hub on my 45 offset front wheels so I had to modify those as well.

All in all pretty simple modifications to get a unique look for a MB.
Not true, just got mine and worked fine!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:32 PM

2009 c350
Originally Posted by C300BLK
How much did you pay for the set of VMRs? Looking to buy a set.
VMR wheels look good but be careful..
I had a set and on the 5th day (about 70 miles driven in those 5 days) of having them on I hit a small *** pothole going 15-20 MPH and bent both drivers side front and rear.
I looked at the pothole and I don't really think the damage should have been that bad so I hit up VMR about this and they told me to email them pictures and explain what happened.
I took pics with measurements of the damage and an email with everything in full detail. I get a reply back saying they are very sorry but wouldn't replace them BUT they would help me out by sell me another set with a discount.. I decide to call them asking politely to please reconsider and warranty this. I just get excuses why they wouldn't warranty them.

"Maybe you should have gone slower"
I can't really go much slower on a main street with a speed limit of 45 (we all know 45 means 50-55) If I did go 5-10 MPH Id probably have gotten hit and be needing a whole new car.

"It could have been due to powder coating them"
People powder coat rims all the time. Does that mean your rims can't handle the powder coating process?

I passed on them "HELPING ME OUT and HOOKING ME UP" and decided not to take their discount and that I wouldn't spend another dollar on VMR.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:04 PM

2011 C300 Sport 4Matic, 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Ultrasport, 2010 Subaru Forester
Interesting issue. VMR is really popular with the Audi crowd and I have heard both positive and negatives on their wheels over the years. Some guys say their wheels are soft and some have no issues whatsoever.

Hope you end up with a more durable set next time around.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:15 PM

2013 c300
Originally Posted by hypekills187
VMR wheels look good but be careful..
I had a set and on the 5th day (about 70 miles driven in those 5 days) of having them on I hit a small *** pothole going 15-20 MPH and bent both drivers side front and rear.
I looked at the pothole and I don't really think the damage should have been that bad so I hit up VMR about this and they told me to email them pictures and explain what happened.
I took pics with measurements of the damage and an email with everything in full detail. I get a reply back saying they are very sorry but wouldn't replace them BUT they would help me out by sell me another set with a discount.. I decide to call them asking politely to please reconsider and warranty this. I just get excuses why they wouldn't warranty them.

"Maybe you should have gone slower"
I can't really go much slower on a main street with a speed limit of 45 (we all know 45 means 50-55) If I did go 5-10 MPH Id probably have gotten hit and be needing a whole new car.

"It could have been due to powder coating them"
People powder coat rims all the time. Does that mean your rims can't handle the powder coating process?

I passed on them "HELPING ME OUT and HOOKING ME UP" and decided not to take their discount and that I wouldn't spend another dollar on VMR.
Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. I used to have an A4 and was gonna buy a set, but spoke with a few and durability is a BIG issue. There's a reason why they are only $800-$1000 a set.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:26 AM

'08 C350 Sport
Yeah VMR is very popular with Audi folks. I thought of buying a set of V710 matte black before. Their wheels are all low pressure cast so with that price & good looks I don't expect much quality. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.