C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Cigarette light battery tender okay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2008 W204
Cigarette light battery tender okay?

Right now I have my C on a cigarette lighter battery maintainer and am wondering if it is okay?

I figured I'd leave it on for the night, but now I'm wondering if I should take it off. I have to leave the key in the first position because otherwise it wouldn't charge, this must be because the cigarette lighter is off when the key is off.

I know Merc sells a tender and I see it has the cigarette light adapter so I assume its okay?

Interestingly enough the tender isn't pictured as an accessory under vehicle care to the C-class in the build your own MBusa as it is the E and S.

I hope this is okay

Last edited by LandSeaAir; 12-28-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC250 Coupe
whats a tender? i've always thought it was something soft and cuddly...
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by LandSeaAir
Right now I have my C on a cigarette lighter battery maintainer and am wondering if it is okay?

I figured I'd leave it on for the night, but now I'm wondering if I should take it off. I have to leave the key in the first position because otherwise it wouldn't charge, this must be because the cigarette lighter is off when the key is off.

I know Merc sells a tender and I see it has the cigarette light adapter so I assume its okay?

Interestingly enough the tender isn't pictured as an accessory under vehicle care to the C-class in the build your own MBusa as it is the E and S.

I hope this is okay
It isn't OK. Leaving the key in position 1 will kill the battery overnight and I question whether the battery maintainer could keep ahead of it. And it would be pointless not to mention you couldn't lock the car with the remote.

if you think you really need this you need to get the battery connector with the quick disconnect cable.

There are many of these devices on the market.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree, get it out of there - the lighter adapter on these tenders are only designed to be used on cars where the lighter receptacle is hot when the car is off.