C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Yet another lighting question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan, & 2002 Lexus IS300 (my baby)
Cool Yet another lighting question.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gor I am a car fanatic, musician, and pre-med student at UCSD majoring in chemistry minoring in biology and music. I live in Los Angeles, but moved to La Jolla San Diego for now for school. Happy to join the mbworld family.

I just got my second car four days ago, a C250 sports sedan in palladium silver, to help me keep my sanity since school has taken over 99% of my life at this point. My first car is a 5speed stick Lexus IS300 which I am not going to sell (it's my baby). I have had the Lexus for a few years now, worked on it for a while, but like I said, I needed something new. Any who, I couldn't be any happier with the C250 so far. It's my first german car, and I am very happy with my decision.

I consider myself as an advanced (not expert) car enthusiast, I have a lot of experience in the japanese scene. I am an active member on various Lexus forums. Sorry to bring up something that has been discussed many many times already, but I have been searching and searching and I have not come across any solid final answers. My C250 does not have the lighting package, so I am looking to change the parking lights, low beams, the front yellow side corner markers, and (maybe, if its worth it) the high beams as well. My main goal is to have all the colors match the LED daytime running lights (drl) while keeping functionality and safety (for other drivers on the road) as much as I possibly can.

Now, it seems like everyone is recommending the aznoptics W5W LED lights for parking lights. Do the 5000K lights match the LED drls for those of you who have experience with these bulbs? Or would the 8000K be better? I feel that the 8000 might be just a little too blue.

http://aznoptics.com/index.php?main_...ndex&cPath=1_4

What are the best options for the high and low beam H7 bulb replacements that some of you have experience with? I read that some of you recommend going with the Philips Crystal Vision. Is that the best option? I couldn't find any good sites that sell them either.

Lastly, do any of you have any experience with good clear corners / markers or bulb replacements that will match the LED drls? Would the same anzoptics leds work? The plastic housing itself is yellow, so I am not sure if chaining only the light would be good enough.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you all in advance,

Gor.

Last edited by EasyMac; 01-02-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
The OEM LED is closer to 6000k I believe, the 8k aznoptics sell would be too blue, go for the lower kelvin. As for your low beam, short of a plug and play HID kit, your best options might actually to just keep it stock in terms of lighting performance, however if you really need to have them match the LED's the Osram, Piaa, Philips are all quality brands that you can use. I've also recommended to another member to look into HDR/HIR bulbs from http://www.autolumination.com As for your side marker, same as the marker lights discussed above and yes, you would have to change the marker also if you want a color other than the stock amber.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:28 PM

c300
Philips slim 2011 4200k with stock eyelids

Philips slim 2011 4200k with aznoptics 5000k led eyelids

I recommend these if they are the same for your car. (high quality)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310357795851...ht_4423wt_1064

The Philips HID kits are expensive, but worth it IMO. I ordered a cheaper set and temporarily installed those in the fog lights, but I am ordering the 4200k Philips bulbs to replace them. They were supposed to be 4500k, but they look more like 6000k and I am not a fan of the blue. I have an Acura TL with factory HIDs and I think the Philips look better and are brighter. Also, the led break lights and license plate lights are a nice upgrade too. Good luck and hopefully this helps you in making your decision.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Please see my comments in this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-halogens.html

I just made these changes in my 2012 with stock lighting. The '5000k' AZN Optics LEDs are an absolutely perfect match to the OEM LED Strips.

As far as the low beam headlights, you will never match them to the LEDs without sacrificing safety as I explained in the linked thread. The Crystal Vision bulbs are a very nice improvement, but still no match. The LEDs will make the most impressive difference anyway. If you insist on matching them you must go with an HID kit, which I don't suggest with the reflector housings.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c250
im on the same boat as u...i posted a thread a few days ago and came to the conclusion that only a HID kit would match...the money i spent so far testing different bulbs would have been better spent getting the kit...and yes the led drl is 5000k...8000k is more purple and would make it look like a ricer...i popped in 6000k but it matches the black paint nicely so i have no complaints...as for the yellow side markers...i think it looks okay...if its too much white light up front then it can end up looking like u tried too hard
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mfkl2
as for the yellow side markers...i think it looks okay...if its too much white light up front then it can end up looking like u tried too hard
I think the best look for the side-markers is to go with the clear lenses, but yellow lights. The chrome dipped yellow bulbs prevent any noticeable yellow during the day, but at night they comply with the law, plus I think white side marker bulbs look like rice.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 AM

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan, & 2002 Lexus IS300 (my baby)
Thank you all for the responses!

Originally Posted by acr2001
I think the best look for the side-markers is to go with the clear lenses, but yellow lights. The chrome dipped yellow bulbs prevent any noticeable yellow during the day, but at night they comply with the law, plus I think white side marker bulbs look like rice.
Any suggestions or websites you know of that sell clear side-markers that are good quality and not cheep looking?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM

c300
After researching the net and on these forums I went with the DEPO brand and I am very satisfied. The link to the guy I purchased from is on my above post.(Sorry about the large images, but I thought the forum would re-size)
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Wow, those have to be the LARGEST pix I have ever seen on MBWorld!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by EasyMac
Thank you all for the responses!

Any suggestions or websites you know of that sell clear side-markers that are good quality and not cheep looking?
Not sure as I don't plan to replace them on my 2012 since it's a lease.
When I replaced the side markers on my 2005 I ordered from ebay after carefully looking at the photos - ended up with a very high quality reproduction of the factory side markers - just clear. Looked otherwise identical and very nice.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:50 PM

c300
Wow, those have to be the LARGEST pix I have ever seen on MBWorld!
lol.... Took them with my wife's 60D(18 megapixel)