C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sound System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes Benz C300; 2007 BMW 120i
Sound System?

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this site, and I recently purchased my first Mercedes Benz C300 . It is a 2009 model with the AMG sportkit. It has an automatic transmission and it has the Command Navigation.

My question is, what sound system does it have? I know it's a stupid question to most of you, but I just don't know. I has an LCD screen that opens up when I turn the car on etc, but the sound is amazing! It really sounds like there is a sub somehwere as the bass is excellent, but nowhere does it say Harman Kardon?

Can anyone help with the speaker outlay and quantity, performance features etc?

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
Congrats on your car, best thing to do is call your selling dealer and give them your VIN number. Ask them to send you the full list of options fitted to your car, from the factory.

This is the best way of knowing.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you have the multimedia package:

enhanced voice control, COMAND navigation system, 7" color display, in-dash 6-disc CD/DVD changer, harman/kardon LOGIC7 surround sound

If you are bragging about how good the sound is - you have the LOGIC7 - those of us who dont have it, know it....We have to at a bare minimum upgrade the crap stock speakers to get good sound out of this thing...congrats.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM

2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Originally Posted by Scat01
Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you have the multimedia package:

enhanced voice control, COMAND navigation system, 7" color display, in-dash 6-disc CD/DVD changer, harman/kardon LOGIC7 surround sound

If you are bragging about how good the sound is - you have the LOGIC7 - those of us who dont have it, know it....We have to at a bare minimum upgrade the crap stock speakers to get good sound out of this thing...congrats.
If it's the HK system, won't the door speakers have "Harmon Kardon" on them? If not they are blank, I think.

Regards,
Don
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by dfordham
If it's the HK system, won't the door speakers have "Harmon Kardon" on them? If not they are blank, I think.

Regards,
Don
Not sure Don, but if he has Command Nav, I think it is part of the package as described above - and I have yet to hear anyone so happy with the base system.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 AM

2010 C350, 2011 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by Jono B
Hi everyone,

I am very new to this site, and I recently purchased my first Mercedes Benz C300 . It is a 2009 model with the AMG sportkit. It has an automatic transmission and it has the Command Navigation.

My question is, what sound system does it have? I know it's a stupid question to most of you, but I just don't know. I has an LCD screen that opens up when I turn the car on etc, but the sound is amazing! It really sounds like there is a sub somehwere as the bass is excellent, but nowhere does it say Harman Kardon?

Can anyone help with the speaker outlay and quantity, performance features etc?

Thanks!
If your REALLY want to know everything that was put on your car at the factory, get a subscription to EPCnet Online, https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/home.jsp. It is the Mercedes Benz official website for detailed parts information. You input your VIN and can print out the original data sheet that will tell you every option installed at the factory. You can also review in detail parts. This is even free!! The system is not hard to learn but will take a little bit to understand how to enter data. Well worth the time.

If you get real ambitious you can go to STAR TekInfo which is an official Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC site for hosting service and repair technical documentation for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/. This site is very expensive to use so use only occasionally for repairs, detailed wiring diagram info, and even retrofit procedures. $18 for 24 hour access... Once you have a user ID you can return and pay the subscription fee. Using WIS all the previous searches and input will be there so you don't have to keep re-entering VINs--so goes for EPCnet.

Good luck and enjoy your new C!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:27 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by dfordham

Regards,
Don
The round speaker grilles at the front door bottoms have the Harmon-Kardon logo but none of the others in the car have it.

Just looked at mine to verify.

I have never regretted specifying the MultiMedia package.