C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2011 C300 4matic loaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
2011 C300 4matic loaner

Dropped my car off for some service bits before my initial warranty runs out at the end of this month...I was given a C300 4matic for my loaner...my thoughts:

The Good:
* Compass in the rearview mirror (still cannot believe my '08 does not have this)
* Power tilt and telescopic steering wheel - real nice
* Memory seats / seat controls - big improvement
* Black headlight housings - also really nice
* ESC in the steering wheel controls - no doofy button to turn it off
* nothing to do with the model, but two tone gray and black interior is nice

The Bad:
* Mirrors - I know everyone likes the new design, but the angled down style of the top side of the mirror kills the vision
* Horn beeping with door locks - talk about a step backwards
* Consumption "gauge" - waste of time and space, reads 40 when off the gas, 10 when on the gas
* Stock speakers with audio 20 stink - wow am I going to appreciate those Infinity Kappa's when I get my car back...
* Holy Carp (sic) - this car is S-L-O-W, This car feels like it is straining when just driving normal, not only does it feel like something is holding it back when starting from a stop, as soon as you let off the gas pedal on the highway it slows as if it is in a lower gear, kept looking down to see if it was in 6th or 5th, they really should put the larger motor in these 4matic cars to assist with moving all the extra parts...