C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Matching HID and LED eyelids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 55
Matching HID and LED eyelids

Hi,
I'm planning on doing the HID upgrade and the LED eyelids. But the issue is how to match the color on both of them. Obviously I would like them to match almost perfect. Can anyone recommend me a matching kit; or tell me what temperature I should choose for the HID so it matches with the LED's?

Any help will be really appreciated.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Definitely start with the HIDs. Get them in and THEN look for matching LEDs. I went with 6,000K HIDs on my cars. Everyone has different tastes, but I like this color temperature because it gives a clean bright white look without being too blue. I just finished the AMG and don't have any good pictures yet, but here is the GT500 with 6,000K HIDs, fogs, turn signals (they turn amber with the turn signals activated), and front sidemarkers. The first picture has a halogen post lamp in the background for comparison (not sure of its exact color temperature). As you can see from the pictures, the match will never be PERFECT. These bulbs are all 6,000K but they are from different vendors and in different housings, so there will always be some differences.

In terms of vendors, there are MANY out there. You can start with AZN Optics. He is a vendor on this site. I have also used iJDMTOY.com. Their bulbs are very high quality. Autolumination.com is probably a step below but has one of the most expansive LED collections.