C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Passenger Side Tail Light Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
Passenger Side Tail Light Issue

I need help on this problem. It happen just the past Tuesday my Passenger Tail Light flickers on/off while the car is OFF and alarm is ON. In the morning of that day i was on the road for an hour and then when i reached home i parked the car in the garage later that night my brother was in the garage doing some work with his car and then he seen my rear passenger side tail light flickering. He told me it flickered fast and did not stay on for a long time. Can it be a electrical problem? I will be scheduling a appointment with the dealership for next week to look at the issue hopefully it could be a fuse or a ground causing this flickering. Check the bulbs today and turn signals all okay and functional. Anyone on here had or have the same issue?

Thanks for reading have a great one.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4matic
Hey, I had some problems with flickering tail lights also on the passenger side. Ask the dealership to check the assembly (where all the lights hook up to from inside the trunk, it's grey), it turns out that mine was burnt and they had to replace the unit. Don't change the bulbs without first checking the assembly as that might not solve the problem!