C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Eisenmann sound opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C230
Eisenmann sound opinion

hi,

Please tell me what u guys think of sound for the eisenmann exhaust on the c230. I dont mean to rice out my car but damn ! the quad exhaust is sooo sexy

Link:

Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
thats not a 4 cylinder in the video, i dont care what the link or post says. look under the car at where the two exhausts come together, the 4 cylinder 1 sided exhaust Ypipe from the drivers side, its not dead center w the support bracket in between. thats a 6 cylinder car in the video. Not that the 4banger wont sound good, its just not gonna sound like that. And FYI with any of the performance exhausts, eisenmann, meisterschaft, etc if u remove the resonator and do the midpipes u get alot of drone in the car, so its a tradeoff. I ended up taking my mids off my 350 and putting resonators back on, i couldnt take the drone, sounds good w just the mufflers IMO
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM

MB C230
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
thats not a 4 cylinder in the video, i dont care what the link or post says. look under the car at where the two exhausts come together, the 4 cylinder 1 sided exhaust Ypipe from the drivers side, its not dead center w the support bracket in between. thats a 6 cylinder car in the video. Not that the 4banger wont sound good, its just not gonna sound like that. And FYI with any of the performance exhausts, eisenmann, meisterschaft, etc if u remove the resonator and do the midpipes u get alot of drone in the car, so its a tradeoff. I ended up taking my mids off my 350 and putting resonators back on, i couldnt take the drone, sounds good w just the mufflers IMO
I know the 2012 c250 is a 4 cylinder but My c230 is a v6, it is the '08 model. They stopped making it in the US and only continued them in Europe/Canada. So if I were to get the eisenmann it would probably sound like that, not as good as a eisenmann on a 300/350. Shuld I still get it ?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:07 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
yeah it will sound similar to that, the youtube videos are a little deceiving, most people take them the day they put the exhaust on. The sound changes quite a bit after a few hundred miles, it actually tones down a little bit. Just realize if you do midpipes u will have drone inside the car, if you dont know what thats like see if someone u know has a straight piped car and take a ride in it so you can feel and hear the low notes, that way you know what ur getting into up front. Theres also a similar exhaust made be MEC thats on ebay, its a copy of eisenmann w quads about half the cost, its pretty nice too
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM

MB C230
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
yeah it will sound similar to that, the youtube videos are a little deceiving, most people take them the day they put the exhaust on. The sound changes quite a bit after a few hundred miles, it actually tones down a little bit. Just realize if you do midpipes u will have drone inside the car, if you dont know what thats like see if someone u know has a straight piped car and take a ride in it so you can feel and hear the low notes, that way you know what ur getting into up front. Theres also a similar exhaust made be MEC thats on ebay, its a copy of eisenmann w quads about half the cost, its pretty nice too

Yeah that's what I thought too, it definetly can be deceiving if the vid is made by eisenmann too, unfortunately that's the only sound clip of the w204 c230. what do u mean by midpipe/drone, Is it the x-piping?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
do some reading and looking at pics on their site. There are 2 setups available. 1 is just the mufflers, u cut off the stocks and weld up the 2 mufflers. if your getting quads you must change or modify ur rear diffuser. The othe setup is cat back, there is a midpipe change as well and diff makers have diff setups. Eisenmann has a muffler type resonator that is also an Xpipe. this is where the interior noise comes into play. I have meistershafts, I had magnaflows before those, and a hybrid setup before that. The only way to not have interior drone is with a resonator of some kind, once u remove teh factory mid pipes which iincludes the welded on resonator u get interior drone. If ur not sure what that is do some homework, u may be surprised. If you want ur car to sound awesome outside, its gonna sound kinda like that inside too basically. the quietness u have now goes away inside the cabin