C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

TPMS???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 CGI
Question TPMS???

please help.

I've changed my C's wheels with a set of work varianza.
and my S's wheels with a set of HRE.
didn't really pay too much attention about the sensors.

one that i know, my S still notify me when its running flat tires.
yet my C does not (pressure was around 20s while normally i keep them at 40).
I'm sure that both cars have TPMS system.

Could anybody please advise me?
Old 03-08-2012, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black C300
Your question is kind of confusing so you are saying you have changed your wheels on the s class and the sensors work and also changed the c wheels but the sensors don't work?

if i got your question right then two possibilities.

A. You need to reset your tire pressure from the settings so it will recognize the new wheels with the new pressure.

or

B. Not all sensors were installed properly. The sensors are really sensative you will have to be extra careful with them.

Hope that can help
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
Originally Posted by Normandie4life
Your question is kind of confusing so you are saying you have changed your wheels on the s class and the sensors work and also changed the c wheels but the sensors don't work?

if i got your question right then two possibilities.

A. You need to reset your tire pressure from the settings so it will recognize the new wheels with the new pressure.

or

B. Not all sensors were installed properly. The sensors are really sensative you will have to be extra careful with them.

Hope that can help
i actually have a similar question.

i bought new aftermarket wheels/tires with the sensors already installed
i will them monday.

Once i get them how do i reset the system or sync the new sensors to the c300? do you know
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by dgghostkilla

i will them monday.

Once i get them how do i reset the system or sync the new sensors to the c300? do you know
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Also have a issue with TPMS. mine stays on at all times, put air on the tires, reset the TPMS and it still stays on, and after driving for a while, it says "tpms is inoperable" or deactivated? do I need new sensors?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by tasho3
Also have a issue with TPMS. mine stays on at all times, put air on the tires, reset the TPMS and it still stays on, and after driving for a while, it says "tpms is inoperable" or deactivated? do I need new sensors?
Sounds like a bad sensor. Unfortunatly on the 2008 you could not see the individual tires pressure. That started with the 2010 MY.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Originally Posted by dgghostkilla

i will them monday.

ghostkilla just mount them and drive around for a while, your car will find them all on its own. As long as they are 433mhz schaeffer MB compatible they will work fine. Just make sure after u check ur TPMS in the cluster and the tires are kinda warm adjust air pressure and do a reset. If after a few hours or miles driving they dont reset do it manually and they usually reset.

tasho sounds like u have a screwed up TPMS issue w the car, its prob not the sensor. If you have one go bad and the others work u get a message saying TPMS malfunction or a warning tire failure. The message u got inoperable sounds like a car issue. What year is your car and are your wheels/tires stock? have u ever had ur wheels/tires worked on by ANYONE at all?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
Thanks jimmy
Old 03-12-2012, 03:36 AM

C200 CGI
sorry for the late reply. yes that was the case. S-class was fine. yet C-class is playing up..

i was running on 20+PSI on all four wheels yet i did not get any notification from the C..
i am quite sure that i've reseted the tpms on 40 PSI.

are they faulty? or was the pressure just not low enough to get caught by the sensors?
thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek

tasho sounds like u have a screwed up TPMS issue w the car, its prob not the sensor. If you have one go bad and the others work u get a message saying TPMS malfunction or a warning tire failure. The message u got inoperable sounds like a car issue. What year is your car and are your wheels/tires stock? have u ever had ur wheels/tires worked on by ANYONE at all?
Warning tire pressure light comes on when I start the car, and after I drive around for 10-15 min it'll deactivate the TPMS. tires are stuck, and it has been doing that ever since I purchased the car. But If I am not mistaken I think the S430 I used to own did the same thing.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Originally Posted by tasho3
Warning tire pressure light comes on when I start the car, and after I drive around for 10-15 min it'll deactivate the TPMS. tires are stuck, and it has been doing that ever since I purchased the car. But If I am not mistaken I think the S430 I used to own did the same thing.

did u buy the car new? ITs not supposed to do that. All the lights that light up on first click go off in seconds upon engine start. If your light is on its a malfunction. Have you tried going into your settings in the cluster and resync the TPMS? I would go somewhere and get air and make sure your tires are around 35psi or wherever you like them. Go into settings and reset the TPMS. If it doesnt work you have an issue. If u bought the car used theres either a dead sensor somewhere, no sensors at all, or the TPMS isnt working. I would bet its one of the first 2.........
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
did u buy the car new? ITs not supposed to do that. All the lights that light up on first click go off in seconds upon engine start. If your light is on its a malfunction. Have you tried going into your settings in the cluster and resync the TPMS? I would go somewhere and get air and make sure your tires are around 35psi or wherever you like them. Go into settings and reset the TPMS. If it doesnt work you have an issue. If u bought the car used theres either a dead sensor somewhere, no sensors at all, or the TPMS isnt working. I would bet its one of the first 2.........
I purchased the car used! Tried putting air in all 4 tires, letting air out resyncing and all that. I figured it is a bad sensor or no sensor at all! I'm planning on buying a new set of wheels(18" or 19") soon so I guess I'll get a new set of sensors when I do that