C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

*just a feeler* What would you pay if looking for a w204?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
*just a feeler* What would you pay if looking for a w204?

Hey Guys,

I've been considering the option of selling my car and just want some input from you guys of what you think would be a fair price. I like to think I take care of my car like anyone else. I even pay the dealership for their premium car detail service ($200) which includes wash, polish, claybar, vacuum, door jams ect ect..

I don't have any current pictures of the car but here is some info on it:

2008 MB C300 Sport
Black Int & Black Exterior
Purchased brand new from Autobahn motors in Belmont CA
Current Mileage: 23,xxx (way under avg)
Options: P1, Multimedia & Ipod

Mods:
-19" Mandrus Millenium (Black/Polish lip)
-H&R Coilovers
-Magnaflow X-Pipe
-Smoked Side markers
-Black Grille
-35% tint all around
-Side mirror's tinted
-DDM 55w 6k HID & AZN LED's in eyebrows and sidemarker
-Custom sub box in trunk (spare tire removed and fiberglass box made to fit)
-2x JL 12" w3v3 subs powered by a JL 500/1 Amp.

I still have all original parts. Factory wheels/tires only have about 3k Miles on it..pretty much brand new.
All services performed on schedule (with records) from same dealership I bought the car from.

Cars in very good shape. Though some girl did back into my license plate and dented the license plate holder (not bumper). There are normal signs of wear & tear. I think I've only had someone in the backseats about a handful of times in the past 4 years so the back is pristine. The front driver seat has a tiny tear in the tex (about the length of a dime). Rear bumper has a small nick in the paint as well (about the size of a thumb).

I'm a smoker and as hard as I tried not to smoke in the car..sometimes when your stuck in traffic....well....you get the picture. Car is ALWAYS garaged...even at work it's garaged. I have the car professionally detailed once every year (like mentioned above..claybar/polish ect).

I'll try and get pictures tomorrow but for now based on the info above what would you roughly figure you'd pay for this car?

KBB says roughly $26k in very good condition but I take their quotes with a grain of salt. Rather have real consumer input.

Last edited by tehc300; 03-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
Hit me up if you plan to part out. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, 330i, MDX
you may want to bring it back to stock as much as possible.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
Unfortunately the smoking thing will kill the value significantly. That is a deal breaker for most buyers.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Modifications have little to no resale value in most cases. The smell from smoking will deteriorate the value quite a bit. Go on edmunds.com and use the used car assessor. That is based on the most current auction values in which dealers participate in your zip code area. Use the smoking situation to set the condition of the car to average to allow for interior reconditioning/cleaning. When I try it for your area, I get somewhere from $15,000 - $16,500 depending on a trade in versus a private sale.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2008 W204
If there is no smoke smell, obviously you're fine. I'm sure you could smoke in a car a couple of times and there won't be a lingering smell that would occur from a consistent smoker multiple times a day in the car.

And I would agree your best move financially would be to put the car back to stock and sell your parts separately.

As far as a number most specific I could get would be somewhere in the mid to high 20's.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Thanks for all your input guys. Really appreciate it.

Honestly I don't smoke in it often but if there was a smoke smell I wouldn't be able to notice it since I don't even smell the smoke on my shirts haha.

I'd definitely put it back to stock unless someone would be willing to just take it as is for an asking price. This was just a water tester haah. Just played with the thought of selling the car and getting a new C or maybe an E class.

Love my C-Class and I probably couldn't part with it anyways. Just wanted to get a picture of what it's current worth was. Thanks all!