C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Installing New Syle Mirror on '09 C 350 - Programming issue at dealer. . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C 350
Question Installing New Syle Mirror on '09 C 350 - Programming issue at dealer. . .

Long story short, I got the new style power folding mirrors from Steve at mbenz.nl (he and Wanda are great!) No issues, everything arrived fine. They were even nice enough to give me really detailed instructions on what to tell the tech at the dealer to enable the power folding feature on the car. Thing is, the dealer tech is having issues and they can't get option 500 to work.

I know some folks have gotten this installed stateside and mileage varies depending on the knowledge of the dealership. My question is, can anyone chime in on thoughts or suggestions while I wait to hear back from Steve? Also, for anyone who has done this, which dealership did you use and do you know if there were any deviations from the instructions? I will paste what I have below:

In order to version code the power folding mirrors, the dealer technician has to add:

OPTION CODE 500 (Power folding mirrors) to the datacard AND also

OPTION CODE P49 (mirror package) to the datacard

This should be done from his/her stardiagnose. There is a special menu for that.

Lastly, SCN coding must be done on the CENTRAL GATEWAY AND ALSO

On the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER.

If the coding has been successful, you will get an extra menu in your instrument cluster that lets you choose whether the mirrors should (un)fold when (un)locking the car – if this does not appear in your instrument panel as an extra menu then the version coding above must be done again. We have had many customers in the US have these mirrors installed on 2008-2010 C class W204 vehicles with no issues. It just takes a tech who is good with stardiagnose to do it.

Thanks to anyone who has any insight on this. I'm just looking to collect as much info as I can to help the dealer tech out.

Last edited by speder; 03-09-2012 at 04:59 PM.