C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes Glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Palladium Sport Sedan
Mercedes Glass

My week plus old C350 was broken into this morning via the passenger window. Anyone know how much this should run and if there is anything special about the glass? Will probably let insurance handle but want to make sure the repair is like new.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by cswang
My week plus old C350 was broken into this morning via the passenger window. Anyone know how much this should run and if there is anything special about the glass? Will probably let insurance handle but want to make sure the repair is like new.

Thanks.
that sucks!

Fwiw, I had a wind shield chip repaired by my ins. Co. Subcontractor ( safelite) last month. He said that MBZ had the best stock glass in the industry in terms of safety, construction, etc. He would not install aftermarket glass. He said it was best to take the car into their facility to replace a window so the temperatures were regulated, tools, adhesives, etc., were there. He also said to make the tech exposed any drain holes that are often sealed by new adhesive. I guess you'd have to leave the car for the day or wait but it is worth it in his opinion.

Oh, and put a "protected by Smith and Wesson" sticker on the care.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Definitely let the dealership or their Body Shop do the replacement. There were reports of Safelite windshield replacements that caused leaks in to the vents resulting in damage not covered by warranty. Don't know if this would happen with side window but I wouldn't take the chance. As far as the recommended sticker- I prefer my friends Mr. Sig and Mr. Sauer.