C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Repairing 09 c300 for client few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c300
Repairing 09 c300 for client few questions

Client brought me a wrecked c300 that his son took for a joy ride and dropped into a ditch. Needless to say he was not happy. Anyways damage is to the front of the car and the airbag deployed. I have 2 questions and would really appreciate it if someone knew the answers

1. After the wreck or whenever I received the car we cannot get sound to come out of the stereo at all. Checked all fuses via multimeter and all were ok navi pops up and you can select location but it is set to the location that the kid had the wreck in. Even resetting doesnt fix it. Any ideas?

2. Need to reset the airbag after installation does OTC make a specific reset tool that will work or will he have to take it to MB to get it reset?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by liquidg37s
Client brought me a wrecked c300 that his son took for a joy ride and dropped into a ditch. Needless to say he was not happy. Anyways damage is to the front of the car and the airbag deployed. I have 2 questions and would really appreciate it if someone knew the answers

1. After the wreck or whenever I received the car we cannot get sound to come out of the stereo at all. Checked all fuses via multimeter and all were ok navi pops up and you can select location but it is set to the location that the kid had the wreck in. Even resetting doesnt fix it. Any ideas?

2. Need to reset the airbag after installation does OTC make a specific reset tool that will work or will he have to take it to MB to get it reset?
Don't know about one but two you will need an MB repair shop to do the reset. You can't do it with an off the shelf item. You need STAR.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
1. you need to go into engineering menu and get to the reset location, diff ver software is in diff places depends on the software version. search here for detailed instructions.

2. you can use a diag prog III if you have access to one otherwise Star or an OBD programmer that has merc unlocked on it
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 AM

09 c300
I'll see what I can do thank you for the info how would you tell which system version it is? settings---?

will a solus pro be able to reset the codes I do have an airbag option in menu and a special mercedes "stick" for it

thinking about still sending them off to myairbags.com see how good a job they do.