C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

can you disable fog light turn feature?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Alpha 9+4.2 GT-R > Caged 997 911 EVT750 > Noble M12 GTO-3R > 09' C63 > Xterra Off-Road
Originally Posted by RavenMDX
Awesome! it can be done on a W204!

Today I disabled the fog light turn feature with my own DAS w/developer kit.

I have a '09 P2 package and it was driving me nuts. People think you have a burnt fog light when you turn corners. Interesting feature but useless in most cases.

Here are the DAS instructions:

Disable Cornering Fog lights (W204)

Control Units > Body > System Dr-Side SAM > Dr-Side SAM Signal Acquisition > Development data > Control Unit Adaptations > Control Unit Adaptations (Variant Coding) > Parameter Abbiegelicht > "Enable_Abbiegelicht" >>> Set to nein
If I don't have this...how could I get this done? I have had the car for only 2 days, and have already 2 people commented regarding my stupid fog lights...LOL
Old 02-25-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport + Premium 2
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
If I don't have this...how could I get this done? I have had the car for only 2 days, and have already 2 people commented regarding my stupid fog lights...LOL
You need the DAS Development Addon Module but its in German language only. However, I later found out that while the settings worked, it didn't save the settings permanently. So in the end it I couldn't permanently turn off the feature either.

So what I do now is simply turn the fog lights on manually until the nighttime icon disappears and then I can turn off the fog lights and they won't turn on when I turn during the day. For nighttime driving, I simple turn them on all the time..