C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Any Engineering Menu Experts On Here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012 | 09:51 PM

2010 C350 Sport
Any Engineering Menu Experts On Here?

Hey guys,

I am trying to activate my rear seat entertainment and can not seem to figure it out. I have installed a VIM, backup camera and a special cord from midcity that is supposed to send the signal to other screens from the DVD player.

Does anyone know what option I need to enable in the MM engineering menu to make this function work? There is one that says entertainment but nothing seems to happen.

I am stumped and don't want to keep playing around with the different options.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2012 | 01:15 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
The VIM should be doing this for u, i dont think its in the MM menu. Where did the midcity patch cable plug into? U may have to go into the rear displays and set the input up to the appropriate selection, thats how my co workers ML was done
Old 05-05-2012 | 01:22 PM

2010 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
The VIM should be doing this for u, i dont think its in the MM menu. Where did the midcity patch cable plug into? U may have to go into the rear displays and set the input up to the appropriate selection, thats how my co workers ML was done
The Midcity patch cable went into the black connector in the back center of the radio. I tried adjusting the input on the screens and they continue to say no signal.

I was in the MM menu last night and saw an option for entertainment but I don't want to screw around with the different options too much.
Old 05-05-2012 | 01:26 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
when I first got this 2011 I was doing my system and was playing around w engineering to adjust some settings and ended up hanging the system up, when it finally cleared I lost disc and sirius settings in the MM screen. Had to go to dealer for a reload of the software! be careful, I thought i had mastered it haha. The ML i helped on didnt have an option to turn on output to rear entertainment, the patch cable just picked up signal and setting the input on the headrest monitors instantly worked. I would say try the sub menu for entertainment and make notes, turn on and if not working turn that back off and on to the next one. Thats how I did stuff when playing/testing things......
Old 05-05-2012 | 01:28 PM

2010 C350 Sport
when I first got this 2011 I was doing my system and was playing around w engineering to adjust some settings and ended up hanging the system up, when it finally cleared I lost disc and sirius settings in the MM screen. Had to go to dealer for a reload of the software! be careful, I thought i had mastered it haha. The ML i helped on didnt have an option to turn on output to rear entertainment, the patch cable just picked up signal and setting the input on the headrest monitors instantly worked. I would say try the sub menu for entertainment and make notes, turn on and if not working turn that back off and on to the next one. Thats how I did stuff when playing/testing things......
I am going to try changing one thing at a time tonight. Do I need to shut the car off after I make each change for it to work? I read that on the forum somewhere last night.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2012 | 09:26 PM

2008 W204
Yeah I messed mine up too, I was playing around with the menu and I changed the dvd region code in hopes it would play dvds while in motion, for some reason it locked itself into the code and wouldn't go back to the US code, now dvds don't play anymore I guess because the region code doesn't match, whatever i never saw the point in the dvd player if it could only be used while parked in my driveway, ill just go inside and watch a movie.

but definitely be careful in engineering mode everyone
Old 05-07-2012 | 02:31 AM

08 C300
to reset DVD reginal code setting, press hang up + * + # where Remaining Changes is showing 0.
It should bump it back to 5 or 10 so that you can change it again.
Old 05-07-2012 | 01:22 PM

2008 W204
Originally Posted by white46
to reset DVD reginal code setting, press hang up + * + # where Remaining Changes is showing 0.
It should bump it back to 5 or 10 so that you can change it again.
when it first happened i was gonna post a question on here but i figured no one knew how to fix it, this worked perfectly, thanks!