C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Keyed twice in 9 months of ownership!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320CDI Sport
Keyed twice in 9 months of ownership!

I bought my C320CDi in August of last year and by September someone did it over good time. In total some piece of scum keyed 8 panels. The only panels untouched where the bootlid, roof and bumpers. Cost to insurance company was £2500. Cost to me £700 which included my excess plus the extra charge for using a non-approved repairer. I wanted the repair done properly so that’s why I used this particular non approved bodyshop. Ok so the location where the incident took place. An NCP multi storey car park in Brighton next to the Hilton hotel. It happened whilst I was attending a conference during the day.

Ok so the car was repaired and it happened again this Tuesday night in London. Again in a secure underground car. The car park in question requires two separate key fobs to gain entry to the area where the car was parked. Someone put two key marks on the bootlid extending to the driver’s side rear panel. Because of the method of entry to where the car was parked only a building resident could have been responsible for this incident. There were other Mercs and luxury cars parked there but it seems as if only mine was done. This time the quote has come out at £533 for the repair. I can’t go to the insurance company this time and need to pay from my own pocket. What makes it worse is that I lost my job last month so could have done without this added expense.

I am fuming that this has happened a second time. The two incidents have taken place in other cities far from where I live but I am still afraid to take my car from my drive way and use it. The car itself is fairly stock. It’s a C320CDI with AMG sport pack. I have made the usual mods that most guys on here have done to freshen it up; front LED conversion, 2012 rear light clusters, LED mirror conversion, C63 grille, 18” AMG (from 17”). I also have a Brabus D6 kit fitted but that’s obviously not visible.
I have only had one previous car keyed before but that was my fault for leaving it parked in a very dodgy part of Belfast when I lived there.
This is my first Mercedes. Am I just unlucky or do Mercs get keyed regularly? I do love the car. It’s got fantastic performance, comfort and economy but I can’t keep doing this. I have always been very careful were I park this car or for that matter any car I’ve owned but this has happened twice in such a short space of time. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. It looks stock so I can’t do much other than possibly de-badging it? Perhaps I could remove my personal registration number? Or should I just cut my losses and sell it??
Old 05-11-2012, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C300
Bummer

My first question would be, do you have any enemies? If not then I think its just bad luck man. There are lots of jealous people in this world
Old 05-11-2012, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
You must have really pissed someone off.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:47 PM

2008 MB C300 Luxury; 2003 Land Rover Discovery II SE7
Same thing happened to me yesterday -- I've got a three-inch horizontal line in my drivers door. Paint is scraped down to the sheet metal. I've been parking in the same garage for over three years without incident. I'm waiting to see if the parking garage has surveilliance video. Really pisses me off. And although I have no proof -- and did not believe I had any enemies -- I have a gut feeling I know who is responsible. Hopefully, the police will confirm my suspicion.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 PM

C320CDI Sport
Originally Posted by agedog2gt
My first question would be, do you have any enemies? If not then I think its just bad luck man. There are lots of jealous people in this world
No enemies. The first incident took place in a city i hadnt been in over 15 years. Second incident was my first overnight stay in London with my car in a locked car park. Must be the jealousy. There are much nicer cars out there than mine though.

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
You must have really pissed someone off.
Knew noone there and I was 90 miles and 140 miles from home on the two occassions.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 PM

2008 Mercedes C300
My friend, looks like you have a stocker on your hands
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM

C320CDI Sport
Originally Posted by RiesenWachter
Same thing happened to me yesterday -- I've got a three-inch horizontal line in my drivers door. Paint is scraped down to the sheet metal. I've been parking in the same garage for over three years without incident. I'm waiting to see if the parking garage has surveilliance video. Really pisses me off. And although I have no proof -- and did not believe I had any enemies -- I have a gut feeling I know who is responsible. Hopefully, the police will confirm my suspicion.
I hope they catch the guy. The police here are next to useless. They will just give you a crime reference number to give to your insurance company. The insurance companies dont even bother with it. They`ll just screw you come policy renewal time.

The only positive thing in my case is I will not go to those cities in a hurry again but it can happen anywhere anytime. In your case you have been parking there for along time. I feel for you. Its a pity the punishment for these people isnt the removal of some body parts so they cant hold anything to key a car again!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 PM

C320CDI Sport
Originally Posted by agedog2gt
My friend, looks like you have a stocker on your hands
They`d have to be a professional stalker to wanna follow me that far when they could do it in my drive way at home.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C363 S / 2007 SLK55 / 2016 F150 4x4 / 1998 Cobra Convertible
I'm sure this is obvious, but you're not taking up more than one parking spot are you? You know, straddling a parking line. This is an invite for scratching.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:20 PM

C320CDI Sport
Originally Posted by 2012c350
I'm sure this is obvious, but you're not taking up more than one parking spot are you? You know, straddling a parking line. This is an invite for scratching.
No mate. Definitely not. It pisses me off when people do that so I wouldnt it. Id just park on a higher level or further away where there are more free spaces and park within the lines. Im the sort of person that would park far from the supermarket entrance to ensure noone parks next to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C363 S / 2007 SLK55 / 2016 F150 4x4 / 1998 Cobra Convertible
Then sadly it seems like you have bad luck and the @ssholes have it out for you. Hope the bad luck ends soon. I know I'd be p1ssed too.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
E200, C250 CGI
Hmm..
Sometimes, its worth not to park too far away in a dark corner.
Its the presence of people that will scare these idiots away sometimes.
So may be try to park it a little closer to where people will be around.

joe....
Old 05-11-2012, 10:41 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
The truth of our society: Some people are just haters at others success. For some reason, it makes them feel better about themselves to defile other's hard earned possessions. Sorry about your car.