C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Engineering Menu Compiled Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
Engineering Menu Compiled Thread

Hi everyone,

I thought it'd be great to have a one stop shop for all the engineering menu goodies. I've only just begun playing around in there but I'll continue to edit this thread with new information as you guys post them. I've also compiled information from other threads!

To access the Engineering Menu:
Press and hold: "End call" + "#" + "1" at the same time for about 3 seconds

To access the Service Menu:
On the steering wheel press and hold "Accept Call" and "Ok" button for 3 seconds (this gives you access to service information, resetting the service status and turning on Dyno Plus)

-Turning on built in browser: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> Browser --> On

-Turning on the SUV Compass: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> Compass --> Change from non-suv to suv

-Turn on BT Streaming: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> BT Audio --> On

-Turn on Rearview Camera (after custom install): HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> Rearview Camera --> Installed

-To reset DVD reginal code setting, press hang up + * + # where Remaining Changes is showing 0.

-Enable Music Search: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> SDS Music Search --> On (works with USB, SD & HDD; not with iPod/iPhone)

-USB (not engineering menu) but can hold up to 32GB or 500GB HDD but must be in FAT32 (http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/.../compare/~hdd/)

-Resetting after a failed update: At SW update menu when you pull down common knob. I did the following to clear this. Eject the CD, hit clr key beside common knob. Re insert the CD and during loading hit clr and press command knob many times. Abort icon will highlight and you can exit from there.

-Speed Limiter: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> MPC Speed Limit (WARNING: not sure if this enables the feature where the car can detect road speed limits or if it programs a car speed limit (valet speed limit); additional info would be great).

-Increase Bluetooth Streaming Quality: SW Setting --> Telephone Info --> EC/NR --> Active
The following users liked this post:
Songhun Cho (03-29-2019)
Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C300 Luxury
Thank you very much!
Old 12-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by Jubair Ahmed
Hi everyone,

I thought it'd be great to have a one stop shop for all the engineering menu goodies. I've only just begun playing around in there but I'll continue to edit this thread with new information as you guys post them. I've also compiled information from other threads!

To access the Engineering Menu:
Press and hold: "End call" + "#" + "1" at the same time for about 3 seconds

To access the Service Menu:
On the steering wheel press and hold "Accept Call" and "Ok" button for 3 seconds (this gives you access to service information, resetting the service status and turning on Dyno Plus)

-Turning on built in browser: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> Browser --> On

-Turning on the SUV Compass: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> Compass --> Change from non-suv to suv

-Turn on BT Streaming: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> BT Audio --> On

-Turn on Rearview Camera (after custom install): HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> Rearview Camera --> Installed

-To reset DVD reginal code setting, press hang up + * + # where Remaining Changes is showing 0.

-Enable Music Search: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> SDS Music Search --> On (works with USB, SD & HDD; not with iPod/iPhone)

-USB (not engineering menu) but can hold up to 32GB or 500GB HDD but must be in FAT32 (http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/.../compare/~hdd/)

-Resetting after a failed update: At SW update menu when you pull down common knob. I did the following to clear this. Eject the CD, hit clr key beside common knob. Re insert the CD and during loading hit clr and press command knob many times. Abort icon will highlight and you can exit from there.

-Speed Limiter: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> MPC Speed Limit (WARNING: not sure if this enables the feature where the car can detect road speed limits or if it programs a car speed limit (valet speed limit); additional info would be great).

-Increase Bluetooth Streaming Quality: SW Setting --> Telephone Info --> EC/NR --> Active

Were you able to find out about the last option in the list?
Speed Limiter: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> MPC Speed Limit
What is it for? Is it for reading speed limits?
Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

PLEASE UPDATE THE FIRST POST.

JAPAN mercedes engineering menu
START CALL + HASH + 1

NOT: END CALL

Old 07-26-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W166
Originally Posted by Rovel
Were you able to find out about the last option in the list?
Speed Limiter: HW Setting --> HU Parameter --> MPC Speed Limit
What is it for? Is it for reading speed limits?
It is for showing speed signs on the map screen when registered by the car. When option is off, signs are only visible for few seconds on the cluster display.