C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Upmarket/Aftermarket audio system for W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 C300 Luxury (W204), '09 E350 Sport (W211)
Upmarket/Aftermarket audio system for W204

Hi all,

I've combed through the threads here and I just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully upgraded the stock sound system (non-H/K & Audio 20) on their W204 C-classes?

I'd ideally love to figure out a way to install the H/K Logic 7 system. Love the sound from that system and love the soundstage. Was wondering how an Alpine, Focal, or JL audio system compared to the H/K Logic 7. From what I've read in the threads obviously if I spent like $5k or so I could build a system that could blow the H/K system out of the water. However, I'm not looking to spend that much. Preferably in the $1-1.5k range at most.

Also, I'm wondering, if I go aftermarket, while I'm sure I could achieve a better frequency range, for those who have gone aftermarket, how's the soundstage compared to the Logic 7 systems? Also, where are the aftermarket speakers installed and how many speakers do you have in your setup? It kind of sucks knowing that center dash and rear decklid already have grilles in place for the H/K system, but there's no easy way that I know of to upgrade the components.