C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Iphone Interface

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Iphone Interface

Alright -I've tinkered a little with the interface and I can't figure something out, I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm doing wrong.

I am trying to stream apps like Pandora, Iheartradio, etc. and whenever I plug up the phone the songs stored on my phone start playing immediately. I can't necessarily stop those and get the iheartradio app to play. I have been able to get it to play for about 10 seconds, but then the ipod kicks in and turns off the apps.

How can I connect and stream the music without the Ipod kicking in and shutting down the apps?

On a side note, I can run the Bluetooth audio and the apps play just fine. But then I lose my volume controls and the phone doesn't charge.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C350
Originally Posted by Sommy
Alright -I've tinkered a little with the interface and I can't figure something out, I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm doing wrong.

I am trying to stream apps like Pandora, Iheartradio, etc. and whenever I plug up the phone the songs stored on my phone start playing immediately. I can't necessarily stop those and get the iheartradio app to play. I have been able to get it to play for about 10 seconds, but then the ipod kicks in and turns off the apps.

How can I connect and stream the music without the Ipod kicking in and shutting down the apps?

On a side note, I can run the Bluetooth audio and the apps play just fine. But then I lose my volume controls and the phone doesn't charge.

I just went with the anystream bluetooth radio streaming device. I have an iPhone/iPod charger in the cigarette lighter that provides "juice" while the audio streams wirelessly and I still have the capability to change the track I am listening to as well as volume, just no titles on car display. no biggie tho
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
You don't need the anystream with a 2012, it's built in + title / authors display.

I stream apps (like Pandora) over Bluetooth. Once the phone is all paired up (which yours seems to be from what you said) I simply load Pandora on my phone so it is playing, then activate Bluetooth on the COMAND unit. The iPhone connects and I get full control - volume, song titles, artists, and the ability to change songs through Pandora.

If you are not on the latest iOS (or next-to-latest) with the latest Pandora that might be causing your problem.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 - AMG Wheels
I have a 2011 and use the audiostream option, still dont get the artist ,title etc

Am I doing something wrong here?