C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Radio/comand dial

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 AM
J__

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C200 CGI
Radio/comand dial

Hi guys, just picked up my new 2012 C200 Elegance last week and can't figure out what the "C" button to the right of the radio/comand dial by the gear shift is for. Press/holding it does nothing for me. Also the Voice button on the right side of the 12 button steering wheel does nothing for me either, any help? thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes C300
The "C" stands for comfort mode, which causes your car to start in 2nd gear from a dead stop since 1st gear is kind of jerky, thus the name "comfort mode". Sport, "S", mode causes your car to start in 1st gear and shifts gear later. I'm not sure if that's the case for your C200, but its like that for the C300.

The voice button doesn't work if you don't have the COMAND system, which comes with the MM package or Nav.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
J__

2012 C200 CGI
ah, i think the "c" you're referring to is the model selection right beside the shifter. On our's it's E/S button. Economy and sport. But the button i'm referring to is further back by the cupholders attached to the radio/comand dial and the back button.

I dont have Nav but not sure what the MM package is. Cars here come very differently in terms of package. Can't add packages to a car. For example if I wanted HID projectors, I had to get the next "series" for an extra 40k RMB which comes with ILS, Nav, real leather seats, folding mirror, privacy glass, bigger rims, and some other stuff all in one. Can't just add the lighting package =(

I do have bluetooth connectivity for my phone though.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
J__

2012 C200 CGI
ah, i think the "c" you're referring to is the mode selection right beside the shifter. On our's it's E/S button. Economy and sport. But the button i'm referring to is further back by the cupholders attached to the radio/comand dial and the back button.

I dont have Nav but not sure what the MM package is. Cars here come very differently in terms of package. Can't add packages to a car. For example if I wanted HID projectors, I had to get the next "series" for an extra 40k RMB which comes with ILS, Nav, real leather seats, folding mirror, privacy glass, bigger rims, and some other stuff all in one. Can't just add the lighting package =(

Last edited by J__; 07-03-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by J__
ah, i think the "c" you're referring to is the model selection right beside the shifter. On our's it's E/S button. Economy and sport. But the button i'm referring to is further back by the cupholders attached to the radio/comand dial and the back button.

Sorry, I misread your initial post. The "c" is probably the "Clear" button.

MM stands for multimedia package. Thats a bummer about being unable to select particular packages.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:52 PM
J__

2012 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by Domm
Sorry, I misread your initial post. The "c" is probably the "Clear" button.

MM stands for multimedia package. Thats a bummer about being unable to select particular packages.
ah ic! thank you!