C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Memeber with a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300
New Memeber with a few questions

Hey there everyone,

My name is Mike I just purchased a 2009 CPO c300 Sport (silver/Black). Its a great car! I recently sold my 2004 Acura Tl (3rd generation) and was stuck between a 3 series and an is250. The C-class came along and I took it! I really wanted something with AWD being my first car was an A4, just felt a lot safer and liked hugging the road.

I purchased my 2009 C class sort of privately and transferred the CPO part to my name and the car now has a warranty till 2013 or 100,000 Miles through MB. After having the car 2 days i noticed that the back tail lamps on one side were dim and constantly saying up the front saying "bulb out". Brought it to a body shop a friend of mine owns thinking he can just change every bulb with out a problem... Not exactly he showed me that the wiring harness was smoking and fraying apart causing a bad connection. This was starting on both sides, one worse then the other. Drove right to MB in paramus and they fixed it on the spot (3 hour wait) not old enough to get a loaner

Since then no problem. Just wanted to ask everyone is there anything I should look out for or do to avoid issues with this car? When I first got the car I noticed it kind of bucks when driving around town, not so much on the high way. Not sure if thats because theres regular gas in the car? I switched to super (only a few cents difference anyway)

Another question I had was my wipers have little MB emblems on them and they deff need to be replaced soon. I look at my moms 2011 c300 (lux edition) and hers DO NOT have these emblems. Searched all over and cant seem to figure out where to get these. Another thing is the Aux input volume problem. Went back to MB and they took the car in, I came back for them to tell me there is no problem and my radio is up to date and no updates are available at this time. Which im sure isnt true since my moms 2011 has the "boost" function (we both do not have nav)

Thanks for all the help!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes C300
Welcome to the forum

Yes, the early versions of the W204 seemed to have issues with the wiring harness for the taillights, but good thing you got it fixed under warranty!

As for the bucking, I think you should reset your TCU since it learns your driving style.

-Turn your car to the ON position (make sure you doors are closed)
-Press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and hold it for 5 seconds (or a little longer if you count too quickly)
-While your foot is still on the pedal, turn the car off and leave your key in there, then take your foot off the gas.
-Sit in the car for 2 minutes (there is no way of telling this worked until you drive it)
You should do this every few days if you drive around the city a lot.

Don't waste your money trying to buy Mercedes brand wipers because they all do the same thing. I'd recommend that you invest in some Rain X so you don't need to get brand new wipers every year or if you want a longer lasting product:

http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863333

I've purchased these wipers and I believe these are OEM (not sure), but they fit like a glove and will save you $$$. I think i've been quoted around $60 to change the wipers by the dealer.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Domm; 07-31-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Domm
Welcome to the forum

Yes, the early versions of the W204 seemed to have issues with the wiring harness for the taillights, but good thing you got it fixed under warranty!

As for the bucking, I think you should reset your TCU since it learns your driving style.

-Turn your car to the ON position (make sure you doors are closed)
-Press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and hold it for 5 seconds (or a little longer if you count too quickly)
-While your foot is still on the pedal, turn the car off and leave your key in there, then take your foot off the gas.
-Sit in the car for 2 minutes (there is no way of telling this worked until you drive it)
You should do this every few days if you drive around the city a lot.

Don't waste your money trying to buy Mercedes brand wipers because they all do the same thing. I'd recommend that you invest in some Rain X so you don't need to get brand new wipers every year or if you want a longer lasting product:

http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863333

I've purchased these wipers and I believe these are OEM (not sure), but they fit like a glove and will save you $$$. I think i've been quoted around $60 to change the wipers by the dealer.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-33970090...2008&carId=004
Thanks for the tip, I'm buying both products.