C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Lost Eyebrow Light Cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Lost Eyebrow Light Cable

I had replaced all three eyebrow lights flawlessly, then I got to the fourth.

I got the bulb out and the new LED in, got it to where I thought it was back in its slot in the actual headlight unit (Drivers side) when I heard a discomforting snap. Now, the predicament I'm in is that the light and cable are hanging on the inside of the unit, not in its actual slot. I can get my fingers ON the cable, but it's too cramped on that side for me to get any wiggle room to try and pull it out.

My inside, driver's side eyebrow light is broken (doesn't light up) so I was thinking of taking it in for that and seeing if they could finagle it out. Also looked at removing the headlight myself, but that's A LOT of work for one wire. Anybody have an idea as to how I could get a little better access to the actual headlight unit? What are my options?

I'm a moron...thanks in advance.

-Eric
Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 RWD
I actually had the same problem. I got it stuck inside the eye lid. Tried getting it out but the wire ended up ripping D: I ran like that with the error message for while until I decided to black out the housing of my headlights. Since I had everything apart it was easier getting the connector out and I just soldered the wire back. You might be able to get it out but I never had any luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM

C300
Originally Posted by itsLoonie
I actually had the same problem. I got it stuck inside the eye lid. Tried getting it out but the wire ended up ripping D: I ran like that with the error message for while until I decided to black out the housing of my headlights. Since I had everything apart it was easier getting the connector out and I just soldered the wire back. You might be able to get it out but I never had any luck.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of....thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll just run with the passenger eyebrows on, or take them out and just live with the errors. Pretty mad at myself that I did that, it was a super simple mod I just had too much confidence and moved a little too quickly
Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM

C300
Same thing happened to me... I just use a wire hanger and made a small hook and bent it around until I was able to fish it out. Maybe I got lucky but i was definitely freaking out for a bit.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM

C300 4MATIC
That's not so bad. I replaced all of my stock bulbs with LEDs and as per the instructions I didn't push the bulbs all the way in. Needless to say, one of them fell into the housing and I can't think of a way to get it out without opening the headlight
Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350
Just remove the headlight and shake it with the covers off. It'll fall out eventually. I had a bunch of problems with my AZN LEDs overheating and blowin the little led squares intoy housings. I made sure they weren't pushed in to far and it still happened. I've removed my headlights about 10 times.