C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Close to One Month

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Lux CPO Pur 07/12/12
Close to One Month

and just a few thoughts:

Zero complaints with the car. I would absolutely make the same decision to buy again.

But...

1) Always thought the mono-wiper was really cool on the Mercedes. Why did they get rid of it and move to dual? Fot those of you with experience with the mono-wiper--did it work better or not as well?

2) Would prefer a full size spare. I realize roadside will change a flat, but I always liked the idea of a full size spare anyway. Do you think a full size rim/tire would fit in the trunk and still allow the floor to remain flat?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport
1. The mono wiper disappeared a few years ago. The dual wipers cover even more space of the windshield. If you dislike because its 2 wipers, never buy a toyota fj, IT HAS 3!

2. +1, I always hated the small spare tire, I had a full one on my w203 and was shocked when I saw a small one in the w204. Why they do that? I don't know.. No to mention how difficult it is to find a replacement wheel or tire of this size.

I have a friend that got a flat tire in his audi a3, installed the small spare one and a few miles ahead a pothole deformed the wheel. Now he is struggling to find a replacement wheel.

And finally... I don't think a full spare tire/wheel would fit your trunk.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by CD30043
and just a few thoughts:

Zero complaints with the car. I would absolutely make the same decision to buy again.

But...

1) Always thought the mono-wiper was really cool on the Mercedes. Why did they get rid of it and move to dual? Fot those of you with experience with the mono-wiper--did it work better or not as well?
Having owned three MBs with the single wiper, there are two problems that come to mind. First, in heavy rain the wiper spends too much time on the other side of the windshield and you have to run it faster to clear the driver's side adequately. Second, the lubricant for the extending mechanism of the arm (under the cover) dries out over time and can cause the arm to stop in mid-wipe which can lead to motor overheat and burn out.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 231 Posts
GLK 250
If you guys don't mind, let me also add my 6 month conclusion:

Best car I've had, period.

Not a problem, not a let-down, a joy to drive. I spent 3 sleepless nights (NOT in succession!) deciding on which car to buy before finding this one and we just "clicked" from the first test drive.

In town it returns 24-26 MPGs on average, while on a long trip I got close to 31 MPGs.

Oh, and no CPO warranty for me.

Drive safe, fellow Atlantan.