C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AZNoptics LEDs installed, showing the difference between LED amber turns and stock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C350 Sport
Arrow AZNoptics LEDs installed, showing the difference between LED amber turns and stock

Bought a C350 for the other half. 2008, P1, P2, Harmon Kardon, Ipod, Multimedia Package, car had 30k miles on it and a full service history. Was owned by a retired electrical engineer--who was an upstanding gentleman from our interactions--and was driven sparingly. Car is mint fore and aft, the only problem i could see--or in reality hear--is that on of the HK mid bass drivers in the front driver door has gone on to better places. Paint condition is outstanding, the car has spent most if its time inside of a climate controlled garage.

We took delivery of the car at the gentleman's house in the lake travis area of austin. Place is absolutely beautiful--makes me want to move here!--here is a picture from a nearby restaurant we ate at (Oasis).

Here are the pictures from the drive home;

First thing i did when we got home was remove the front plate bracket--debating on getting the holes filled--and removing the god awful UT badge off the rear (sorry UT fans).

Also, since i cant leave anything well enough alone, i went ahead and ordered some LEDs from mike (AznOptics). I couldn't stand the fact that the rear turns are LEDs, the mirrors are LEDs, but the front turns are not. They blink soft under removal of load, out of sync with the other turn indicators, so I had to remedy the problem.

Yesterday i installed;

-License plate LEDs (5k 194s)
-Eyebrow LEDs (5k 194s)
-Amber turn signal LEDs (Amber festoon)
-Oem MB License plate cover

Started on the rears first--was fairly straight forward, albeit messy ;

Rears are in and lit

All buttoned up

Then i threw the plate cover on--of course it wouldn't be a REAL car project without drawing some blood, so i obliged.

Plate cover on

I cant stand the look of the rainbow texas plate, so i got a white/black custom plate on the way (no message just the plate). I think it will flow well with the iridium. It looks like this;

Moving on to the front;

Factory eyebrows

LED eyebrows

OEM on the LEFT, LED on the RIGHT (the color temperature & lumen output differential is much greater at night)

Then i moved on to the turn signals, to me, this was the biggest difference and my favorite result.

Here is the comparecent between the OEM filament turns and AZNoptics LEDs.

VIDEO (click it) OEM on the RIGHT, AZNoptics on the LEFT

VIDEO (click it) Everything completed and on

Everything buttoned up, Xenons on, Fogs on, Eyebrows on, Turn signals lit

Took the car out last night after the sun went down and everything looks 2x as good at night, very impressed with the results. Now to convince her on the OEM amg 18s, c63 diffuser, quad exit, magnaflow x, tune, etc, etc .... here we go again...
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
dude very detailed post, love your attention to detail

I did the exact same thing and added the same exact OEM license plate frame for $25:

Have not heard anybody mention this, but if you dont have the four point contact or four bolts on your license plate frame, you will definitely get the ridiculously cheap sounding rattle of the frame hitting the plate every time you close the trunk.

With the frame like you (and I) have, all you hear is a very nice and solid sounding "THUD" upon closure. Very crucial

Ur other half looks a lot like mine and got me thinking that she would really enjoy if I gave her my 2008 C350 when I upgrade to my next Benz
Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Looks great. Glad you enjoy
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes c300 (w204)
Funny you should mention OEM AMG 18s

Congrats on the pick up by the way.

Originally Posted by slowhatch
Now to convince her on the OEM amg 18s, c63 diffuser, quad exit, magnaflow x, tune, etc, etc .... here we go again...