C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android and Pandora Woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C204
Android and Pandora Woes

Hello everyone,

I own a C250 Coupe...I'm posting in W204 because of the larger community in hopes I can get some answers on this issue.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note (I717). In my car bluetooth streaming works very well with google music. It shows the song I'm playing, the album, and lets me control the tracks via the wheel mounted arrow keys. My problem comes in when streaming Pandora. When I attempt to stream pandora, I can hear the music, but the car will look to find a track then say "Bluetooth Audio Device Paused". There have been a handful of times where I've gotten it to play Pandora songs with saying "Track" and no other details - and that's fine for me. I just want the ability to skip forward to the next song. There are also times where the car will recognize a google music song that is paused but will 'think' it's playing which will let me control Pandora's track forward feature as well.

1.)

I guess my question is - is there anyway with an android phone to get pandora or other net radio services (spotify for example) to work through the MB in-dash/wheel controls?

2.)
My second question is Comand doesn't seem to recognize my phone when plugged in via USB. Any solutions to this?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:09 PM

Was searching the forum for some Pandora info and came across this and thought I actually had an answer for once

I just discovered Pandora myself, and to answer OP's questions:

1. If your car has BT Audio built-in, I found a modded version of PandoraOne app on another forum that added the track and artist info to the a2dp stream, as well as allow unlimited skips and increased bitrate options. I never tried with the regular one, but after I installed this version, the song name appeared on the center info, and the artist/track appeared on the comand screen. Still no album art though. I can press the up button on the steering wheel, or the next track button on the HU, and it will skip to the next song.

2. I never hooked up my phone via USB, but I would suspect that in order for comand to recognize your phone, you'll need to bring down the notification screen, press on the "USB Connected" message and enable USB storage device.

Also, if your display says "BT Device Paused", it's probably because your default MP3 player app is running in the background paused. Open it up and force close it and it will change to "Track" or the actual name of the song. I've got PowerAmp installed and it's annoying whenever BT connects, it automatically launches and starts playing. I haven't found the spot to disable that yet, so I'm constantly force closing PowerAmp in order to let Pandora stream the track/artist info to the car.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c300 4matic, 2008 c300 4matic
not sure if its cause your using android. but my iphone 5 will do full control from the rotary dial. does nt matter the app im using, pandora, spottily, soundcloud, or mixcloud. also they display the artist/song info it just depends on if im listening to podcasts in iTunes then usually its just the artist of the podcast.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by edmrocks
not sure if its cause your using android. but my iphone 5 will do full control from the rotary dial. does nt matter the app im using, pandora, spottily, soundcloud, or mixcloud. also they display the artist/song info it just depends on if im listening to podcasts in iTunes then usually its just the artist of the podcast.
Do you sometimes get really slow responsiveness in Spotify? I have an iPhone 5 and the media interface, and when using the media interface I get slow loading album art and slow updating track info. Bluetooth is fine, but I am under the impression that A2DP streaming is at a lower quality than media interface sound. I can notice a slight difference and it bugs me, lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:30 PM

My dial only works if I'm on the Audio screen but I always have my screen on the map so I barely ever use the dial. I noticed the media cable today so plugged in my phone, and surprisingly the album art appeared. It's too much of a pain to plug in the phone so I'm going to stick to the BT streaming.

Originally Posted by edmrocks