C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need some sincere advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c 63 amg coupe edition 1
Need some sincere advice

Hello ,
I have a awesome c63 edition 1 which i love so very much , which was givin to me by my father. .
In the past ive had cars that i extremely modded them for example i had a audi s3 1.8 that pumped out around 650 hp.
I had loads of fun with that car haven raped multiple super cars including ferraris f-430 , lamborghini gallardo 911 turbos etc..only lost 1 race to a ferrari f-50 but it didnt pull on me on 10 miles straight just couldnt overpass him hitting about 315km/h it was a true beast.
But as all extremely modded cars it blowed its engine twice and my father blamed me harshly for it =(
Now with the c63 i am very gratefull that i have it but i feel as in its stock form its fast but not enough enough or loud enough so i intend in gettin a tune and doing something to the exaust to make it louder.(it really puts a smile on my face to drive a loud grumpy and fast car).
If it was up to me i would stick a supercharger on it and tune it to the max but i wont be doing that because of the warranty.
I ask if you guys could give me some advice should i do these simple mods to the car and be happier with it or should i just be happy with it as it is.

Thanks alot in advance
Old 08-21-2012, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Considering your previous driving history, leave it stock.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
I cannot even drive past 80 on our streets here in vancouver and I have seen ferraris zoom pass me and I still end up with them on the next stop light. So I think what you have is MORE THAN ENOUGH to drive insanely fast. One other thing is that you should feel sorry for your dad whenever he gives you a new toy as you only abuse it and cars are not toys as those are 2000lb projectile that can harm and kill so make sure you drive responsively and safely. I wont blame your dad for getting mad at you for blowing the motor as you just threw thousands of dollars he earned to make you happy. Next time buy the car on your own hard earned money and blow the motor and see if you don't bang your head on the wall for ruining a nice piece of hardware and throwing out your money.

On the other hand I won't blame you not hearing and feeling the rush (been there) so I think a custom exhaust to make it more manly (for you I'll consider the C63 "girly") and leave the engine alone to not void the warranty but hey.....if you floor it like there is no tom. I guarantee you that your warranty might get voided anyway after you wreck the pistons.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 08-21-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 AM

'08 Mercedes C300
A few "simple" mods will be fine and we expect you to do just that on such a great car! Maybe you can play around with the weight of your car (ex.,carbon fiber hood) to increase the speed.

Most of us will never own anything close to the C63. Be grateful and don't take it for granted.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:35 AM

BMW 03 M3 Vert, MB c43
Akrapovic exhaust .....
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Knightmare69
Considering your previous driving history, leave it stock.
Exactly what I was thinking. It would be hard to have all those "adventures" in a safe and responsible manner but it's possible I suppose if there is some track time involved.

Anyhow, a catback system and ECU tune should give you plenty of noise and a bit more power if you feel that is needed. Given the C63's tendency to overpower its chassis, I would think it would be a better car stock. Of course if all you want to do is top speed runs, more power would always help.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
There will always....ALWAYS....be someone/something faster than you....just like there will ALWAYS be someone who has more than you do, no matter what you earn/accumulate.

So, I would:

1) Thank my lucky stars I am still alive
2) Leave the car alone and enjoy it as the brilliant AMG engineers meant it to be driven.
3) Always let your dad know how much you appreciate how much he has given you and tell him that you realize you couldn't have possibly done enough to deserve it.
4) Realize you've gotten away with outrageous behavior on public roads and promise to respect the lives of those around you more from now on, now that you are older and wiser than before.

Best wishes for a long and healthy life!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 AM

c300 4matic
Originally Posted by Sportstick
There will always....ALWAYS....be someone/something faster than you....just like there will ALWAYS be someone who has more than you do, no matter what you earn/accumulate.

So, I would:

2) Leave the car alone and enjoy it as the brilliant AMG engineers meant it to be driven.
3) Always let your dad know how much you appreciate how much he has given you and tell him that you realize you couldn't have possibly done enough to deserve it.
4) Realize you've gotten away with outrageous behavior on public roads and promise to respect the lives of those around you more from now on, now that you are older and wiser than before.

+10000
Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport
Which my dad's call me at the phone and say I'll get a C63 for my BD
Old 08-23-2012, 06:30 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Sportstick

So, I would:

Sports, that was pretty nice. Almost poetry. A very nice way to say: Respect your C63.