C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Good news for C250 CGI owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 CGI w/ JB+ Beta and BMS Intake.
Good news for C250 CGI owners

After months of debate I finally ordered the JB+ beta from Burger Motosports. The next day I went back and ordered the intake. I live relatively close to them, and although they don't do installs and there really isn't a showroom to speak of, I paid for it on my computer and went to pick it up there to save time and shipping. Good thing I did too, because as I was there they were working on a STAGE 2 for the C250 tune. I don't know too much about it, they keep thinkgs pretty locked up over there but I hear it has something to do with a simple upgrade to the wastegate which will allow more boost at higher RPM's. From what I understand the JB+ is still running about a lb or 2 higher then stock at the high RPM's but with this stage 2 there will be quite a bit more. And I can't wait.
My impressions so far: The added torque and horsepower in the midrange is felt immediatey. So you won't worry if you did the install correct, which took me about 5 minutes to do. The intake was also very straight foward and easy to install. I'm much happier driving the car and in most situations you need that power in the mid range anyway, getting on freeways, passing etc. The car has " come alive" if you will, and for all those C250 owners scanning the net, this is a no brainer at the price they sell it for. I will do some 0-60 runs and maybe a few 1/4 mile runs with my VBox and see what the gains are. Then when stage 2 comes around we'll do it all over again. He also told me if there is a upgrade we can (anyone that has purchased the JB+) can always upgrade. As of now the sound of the intake and power of that and the tune keep a nice big smile on my face everytime I go anywhere. Thank you Terry, if you ever go on here.
Based on what he has done with BMW's I'm licking my chops thinking of what the future may hold. Sorry for the long post, I'm just very happy with the result and was like many people on here before on the fence about doing anything or waiting. Glad I took the plunge.

Steve
Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 PM

2010 C200 CGI Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by Fast BMS-C250
After months of debate I finally ordered the JB+ beta from Burger Motosports. The next day I went back and ordered the intake. I live relatively close to them, and although they don't do installs and there really isn't a showroom to speak of, I paid for it on my computer and went to pick it up there to save time and shipping. Good thing I did too, because as I was there they were working on a STAGE 2 for the C250 tune. I don't know too much about it, they keep thinkgs pretty locked up over there but I hear it has something to do with a simple upgrade to the wastegate which will allow more boost at higher RPM's. From what I understand the JB+ is still running about a lb or 2 higher then stock at the high RPM's but with this stage 2 there will be quite a bit more. And I can't wait.
My impressions so far: The added torque and horsepower in the midrange is felt immediatey. So you won't worry if you did the install correct, which took me about 5 minutes to do. The intake was also very straight foward and easy to install. I'm much happier driving the car and in most situations you need that power in the mid range anyway, getting on freeways, passing etc. The car has " come alive" if you will, and for all those C250 owners scanning the net, this is a no brainer at the price they sell it for. I will do some 0-60 runs and maybe a few 1/4 mile runs with my VBox and see what the gains are. Then when stage 2 comes around we'll do it all over again. He also told me if there is a upgrade we can (anyone that has purchased the JB+) can always upgrade. As of now the sound of the intake and power of that and the tune keep a nice big smile on my face everytime I go anywhere. Thank you Terry, if you ever go on here.
Based on what he has done with BMW's I'm licking my chops thinking of what the future may hold. Sorry for the long post, I'm just very happy with the result and was like many people on here before on the fence about doing anything or waiting. Glad I took the plunge.

Steve
Hmmm..... I wonder if this would also suit my 2010 C200 CGI?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Well the current 250 box is suppose to work with the 200 from what my local vendor has told me. Terry hasn't confirmed or denied this last I spoke to him but he seemed confident that it would work and that he could always tweak parameters if needed.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 AM

2010 C200 CGI Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by Knightmare69
Well the current 250 box is suppose to work with the 200 from what my local vendor has told me. Terry hasn't confirmed or denied this last I spoke to him but he seemed confident that it would work and that he could always tweak parameters if needed.
Thanks Knightmare69.

I'll contact them. Especially like the idea of the air intake.