C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

B service performed while indicator was showing A1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
B service performed while indicator was showing A1

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I bought a CPO 2011 C300 almost a year ago. As part of the Certification a B service was peformed on this car at ~15000 miles. Now that I have driven the car another 10000 miles,it showed a service indicator showing A1 service due (at 25xxx miles). The dealerr peformed a B service instead saying that thats waht the individual component of the car showed when read by the computer. Now the car is showing the next service due would be B0, but the dealer is saying the next service due would be A. Can you help me figure ouy whats going on ?

It does not affect me financially atleast for now as such as the services are covered under mantainence contract and I guess getting a better service (B) is a good thing, but I am worried about the computer showing something else (atleast to me) and the service performed something else.
Also what If I take it to some other dealer on the next service (Would they be doing an A service or B service). Oh and the dealer also showed that he changed the cam solenoid under warranty. I guess there is an open recall on that.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
The instrument cluster gives a code which they type into WIS/ASRA and get a job sheet.

The service advisor if fleecing you unless he can prove what he did. You take that information to another dealer and get a price.

Just look at the total cost. If all he did was add a few air filters on top of the oil that is actually better for you and the dealer is taking good care of your car.

I don't understand why dealers use old filters again. It's daft.