C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2013 328i vs c300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb VS BMW

i LEASED A 335XI FOR THREE YEARS car was quick and fun handled great. Cut back on payments and switched to a 2011 C300 and last week traded it in for the 2013 C300 4matic. All I can say is that this car has increased HP in the 3.5L 6 cyl engine same engine as 350 model (302HP) but detuned to 248HP- tiptronic works just fine, extra HP gets it up and going quick for passing on highways, balance is great, hadndling is great and if I pop in a chip it will compete with 335xi and actually beat it.
I loved the BMW but I am MB fan now as I also had an MB ML SUV in the past

I feel much safer in the MB than the BMW as I drive 20K+miles a year and have had a few incidents on the road where safety matters.

Originally Posted by wonderd
Hello guys, in the process of getting a new car never owned a bmw or MB. Went to test drive both cars today c300 4match sedan and a 328i. Dealer didnt have the xdrive model when I went. I am looking for a car that is comfortable but can be fun when I want it to be. Sedan and AWD is a must have for me.

The MB dealer told me that the c300 sedan does not have the option to order paddle shifters. Is this true? I am asking here because I know some dealers dont know as much as they should. He assured me the trip tronic feel from the drive selector was the same technology.

When driving the car I got on it and tried to upshift with the trip tronic but it didnt upshift. Only upshifted after red lineing a bit.

So my question to you is this. I didnt think of it at the dealer but, was it not responsive because I was not in sport mode? Not even sure it has a sport mode.

You guys probably dont want to hear about my BMW experience but ill tell you anyway.

I am only looking at sedans and right away when my girlfriend sat in the back of the bmw she said wow and that it had alot more room compared to the MB.

I drove the sport series and I was impressed. The downshifts and upshifts were very quick. and the overal feel of the car was comfy and conected.

Now I am not ruling MB out. I love the look of the car but I am not sure I will have much fun in it when the time calls for it.

CHIME IN!!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML 350 BT
I am not going to be technical about this. I test drove both the BMW 330 and the C350 4M. I bought the MB and I don't regret one bit so far.
This is very personal, but I don't like the BMW style and or feeling. There are only two cars that I owned that I can say they were almost perfect(and I had I lot of them). My 560SL 1989 and now my C350 4 Matic.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Just before buying swmbo's C300 4matic we tested a Bmw 335xi

The Bmw is more of a drivers car and has more of "a feel" to it and the rear leg room was definatley longer.

The C300 4matic is underpowered and desperately needs a turbo to offset the power sapping 4 wheel drive and yes the rear legroom is quite tight but...

We were buying the car for the wife who does not drive like a loon and spends 98% of the time either with just her in the car or a front passenger.

The car therefore for her need and purpose was more than fast enough, safe enough, with the benefit of 4 wheel drive she was more than happy and having a three pointed star added to the grin factor.

One added safety feature that often isn't discussed about the mercedes over the bmw.

Bmw's mostly (I'll accept M series are not) are boring and bland looking where as, certianly here in South Dakota the Mercedes gets noticed. Now if people see your car, they see you and that is an added bonus we were not expecting but more than happy it makes us safer.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 c300 4m
335s are plauged with plenty of issues, i looked into them too. buy a good extended warranty