C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Hello! New Member, with a few Q's! (as usual)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220CDI Sport Paladium Silver
Hello! New Member, with a few Q's! (as usual)

Hello all, greetings from across the pond in the UK
I've had my 204 for about 2 weeks now and i'm loving it so far, I used to have a 203 about 5 years ago, and moved on to various BMW's and Audis, i just knew i had to go back to Mercedes though, can't beat them, glad to be back in one!
Anyway, i have a 2008 C220 CDI, my mods so far are white LED daytime running bulbs, chrome capped indicator bulbs so that they give a clean look once inside the headlamp unit, painted the front grille matt black (apart from the chrome slats) and am now waiting on my c63 trunk spoiler, slight tints, and HID kit!

My question is, with upgrading the rear lights to the facelift LED style, can i expect it to be plug and play? Will i need to change any wiring, have any coding done?

Some great looking cars here and i hope to fit in nicely with you all and have my C looking how i want it with all your help
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM

C300 Sport
Hey, welcome!

The tail lights will NOT be plug in play if you use OEM facelift tail lights. You will need to have your SAM reprogrammed. If you choose to buy facelift tail lights from ebay (dotcomracing has them - search for my DIY in facelift tail lights to see them), then you will NOT have to reprogram anything. They are plug and play.

Good luck and post some pics!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM

C220CDI Sport Paladium Silver
Originally Posted by aMsupp
Hey, welcome!

The tail lights will NOT be plug in play if you use OEM facelift tail lights. You will need to have your SAM reprogrammed. If you choose to buy facelift tail lights from ebay (dotcomracing has them - search for my DIY in facelift tail lights to see them), then you will NOT have to reprogram anything. They are plug and play.

Good luck and post some pics!
Thankyou!

Brilliant advice, cheers!
Just flicked through your DIY now, i shall be using that one! They look clean as **** i'll get some pics up as the mods start to take shape