C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New 2013 C350 Sport Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 c350c
New 2013 C350 Sport Sedan

So I'm planning on buying a brand new C350 Sport 4-door. With this new car I want to have light mods on it, but I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff. SO I NEED YOUR HELP!

My Questions:

What's the difference between getting the lighting package from MB and getting the stock lights and installing HID kits? (I know theres adaptive lighting and such but other than that)

I want to smoke out the red portion of my tail lights. What's the difference between getting them painted and getting them tinted? Which one is better?

How do you replace the stock orange side markers by the headlights? I want clear or smoky ones? Do you replace that? If so where do you buy them?

What percentage of tint should i get on my windows? I'm thinking 30%?

And if you guys know the pricing range on all these mods that would be great because I'm not going to attempt to do it myself and I don't want to be ripped off.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c250
If you can get it with the lighting package then that would save you time and trouble. I regret not getting that for my car. usually HID kits cost anywhere from $35 - $250 depending on brand and quality and what not.
Tinting taillights are good only that You can peel it off later on if needed. I'd suggest smoking them.

As for the side markers, as far as I know, there aren't any aftermarket replacements for them. Only option is to get it smoked while you do your taillights and replace the yellow bulb with LED or something white. Chrome tinted works too.

As for tint, whatever your comfortable with. I did mine 35% and I don't have a problem with it. But my friend who tinted his the same time and same 35% complains that he can't see his side mirrors at night. But for looks, I think 30-35 is good.

In my area, smoking taillights are about $120 and I'm sure they can do the side markers for an extra 10.

There are a bunch of threads on DIY side markers or hid kits so search around and you can find anything you need.

Good luck and have fun
Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 AM

2014 c350c
Originally Posted by mfkl2
If you can get it with the lighting package then that would save you time and trouble. I regret not getting that for my car. usually HID kits cost anywhere from $35 - $250 depending on brand and quality and what not.
Tinting taillights are good only that You can peel it off later on if needed. I'd suggest smoking them.

As for the side markers, as far as I know, there aren't any aftermarket replacements for them. Only option is to get it smoked while you do your taillights and replace the yellow bulb with LED or something white. Chrome tinted works too.

As for tint, whatever your comfortable with. I did mine 35% and I don't have a problem with it. But my friend who tinted his the same time and same 35% complains that he can't see his side mirrors at night. But for looks, I think 30-35 is good.

In my area, smoking taillights are about $120 and I'm sure they can do the side markers for an extra 10.

There are a bunch of threads on DIY side markers or hid kits so search around and you can find anything you need.

Good luck and have fun
When you say smoking the taillights you mean spray painting them right?

You have any pictures of your cars? I'm really interested in seeing your ride.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 AM

2012 c250
I've posted a few pics here and there...can't find it on my iPhone. Only mods I did are interior LEDs, and tint. Haven't smoked my lights yet. And I ordered a pair of W212 side markers because I think they MIGHT fit. So I'll post on that later. Once I get my rims then I'll start doing major cosmetics only. Maybe minor performance but I can't expect much from my 1.8T haha
Old 11-30-2012, 02:12 AM

2014 c350c
Originally Posted by mfkl2
I've posted a few pics here and there...can't find it on my iPhone. Only mods I did are interior LEDs, and tint. Haven't smoked my lights yet. And I ordered a pair of W212 side markers because I think they MIGHT fit. So I'll post on that later. Once I get my rims then I'll start doing major cosmetics only. Maybe minor performance but I can't expect much from my 1.8T haha
I'm not looking to improve performance. I'm satisfied with the stock performance.

For interior LEDs, did you just switch out the bulbs? What color did you use? I think with the lighting package it comes with white LEDs for interior.

Are you trying to go for clear side markers?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 AM

2012 c250
For interior I used the kit from ijdmtoy.com.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Mercedes-Be.../w204-df91.htm
And side markers I'm gonna try these
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=66611269163