C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Adding another turbo to a 2012 c250?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300
Adding another turbo to a 2012 c250?

I've been thinking about this lately, there was a post on this topic a while ago and many people were saying there would be a bad turbo lag. I agree there would be a worse lag but could it work well with a performance intake? Intakes are known to make throttle response better.

You can get a performance intake here:
http://burgertuning.com/mercedes_ben...ce_intake.html

Do you guys think this could work well?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Lets clarify here, do you mean add a second turbo or do you mean replacing the current turbo? Regarding adding a second turbo, most oem twin turbo engines use dual small turbo's and or have a bigger displacement engine to be able to spool up both units. Can it be done on our car, sure but are you going to be the guy that spends all that money to find out in the end it's not worth it?

As for replacing the turbo, I think there was some chatter about seeing if components from the A45 (?) due to come out would be interchangeable. I have found in the past that it may be possible that turbo's used between the different cgi models are different since the part numbers are different which I think may be a more effective upgrade ie using the turbo from a E250 on our c250 as I would assume the turbo on the E250 needs to be slightly bigger to accommodate the larger car. But it's all speculation and no one can really verify for us.

Btw, I have the Burger intake and while it does make the initial push on the pedal a little more exciting, it doesn't make the throttle response that much better. That's not to say I'm not thankful to Terry and Burger Tuning for making affordable products for our cars. But the intake system is really just an adapter and intake cone, we still lose alot of possible response running the oem intake piping.

Last edited by Knightmare69; 12-13-2012 at 08:30 PM.