C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MBWorld Extended Warranty GP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MBWorld Extended Warranty GP

Hi everyone. My name is Bruce, and I am the owner of Becks Imports LLC, a licensed car dealer in NJ. You are welcome to verify any of the information in this post by emailing me directly at brucem105@comcast.net, or calling me at 856-912-2600, or simply asking about me here on MBWorld, on other car forums, on ebay, and elsewhere. I am happy to provide hundreds of references on both the cars and warranties I provide for my clients. Just to MBWorld forum members I have delivered over 10 MB's and other cars over the last couple of years, along with an even greater number of warranties.

I have over 4000 clients under various extended warranty plans. Between the quality of the plans, the price, and the customer service I provide before, during, and especially after the purchase of a warranty, my clients are very happy. I am a car enthusiast first and foremost, and act that way as opposed to someone selling 'product' or 'inventory'. I know the cars and have owned many of them personally.

The reason for this post is to offer a Group Purchase opportunity to the members of the MBWorld forum on an extended warranty purchase. I am representing AmTrust, a 20+ year old company that is highly rated for claims-paying reputation. They are US insured by an A rated company. Their coverage plans, terms, and prices are excellent. They allow for franchised dealer labor rate and part prices, and pay shops directly upon job completion with a credit card over the phone so all dealers will work with them. That means no paying out-of-pocket and then waiting for a check like with many other warranty companies. I have hundreds of clients with AmTrust with real-world claims experience, and AmTrust has proven to be a top-notch outfit.

Most importantly, AmTrust has been selected by Volvo and Mazda to administer their factory extended warranties. I can sing their praises all I want, but when a vehicle manufacturer selects a warranty company, you can be sure they have done their homework and choose a company that will treat their customers properly.

For this GP, all you need to do is send the year/make/model, VIN#, and current odometer reading to me via email at brucem105@comcast.net. If you know how long a term you would like, and/or how many miles a year you drive, that's helpful information as well. I will respond with quotes on specific plans, information about the plan and company, and a sample .pdf document to give you information so you can review coverage.

The quote will contain base prices, which will be very good as AmTrust is an excellent value. Then if we get 5-9 people to go in to the Group Purchase, each person gets 5% off the price of the warranty. If there are 10-19 people, there is a 10% discount. At 20 or more people, the discount becomes 15%, which can be a lot of money to save on a long-term plan!

Coverage is available for most cars (not 12-cylinders though, and most AMG models are excluded but I can get quotes from another excellent company for those as needed). While this GP is aimed at Mercedes owners, AmTrust has plans for almost every make and model, so if you have more than one car you're considering coverage for, or have a friend/colleague/relative that is looking for a warranty, let me know. Most model years and mileages will qualify for top-level exclusionary coverage, which is the best kind available. It is as close as you can get to new-car warranty coverage from the factory. Cars more than 12 years old or with high miles still qualify for other plans however.

I will be closing this GP on December 30th, in order to avoid a possible Jan 1st price increase, and also because on Jan 1st, certain cars will no longer be eligible. Payment can be made by Amex/Mastercard/Visa either by phone or email. A vehicle inspection will be needed and can be completed after purchase. Cars do not need an inspection if they have at least 30 days or 1000 miles remaining on the factory warranty.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you and making this GP successful and saving you all some money!

Bruce M.
Becks Imports LLC
brucem105@comcast.net
856-912-2600
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
In the Christmas spirit, removed.

Just my opinion, but the industry is subject to controversy.

Last edited by Larry3Jswft; 12-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Johnathanswift
Hi, my name is Bruce, and I'm here to help you....

Sorry, Bruce, but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Just my opinion.
Nice way to introduce yourself to the forum, Mr. New User as of Nov 2012 with 10 total posts!

I have been transacting business on this forum for years, and can supply dozens of forum members as references. Can you?

If you are not interested in participating in the extended warranty group, that's your right of course. If you have a specific complaint about me or the way I conduct business, feel free to contact me about it. Otherwise, please keep your unfounded insinuations out of my thread.

Thank you.

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 AM

C450
Has nothing to do with you, Bruce, just the "product:" history suggests....

Now, as a potential customer, I think you should treat me just a mite better.

As for "references," (1) I am not selling anything, I am just a consumer and (2) MB owner.

Why do I need "references?"

Oh, well, here is a "reference:" http://www.caranddriver.com/features...g-else-feature

Last edited by Larry3Jswft; 12-20-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

It has everything to do with me. Your post, in my thread, was addressed to me and insinuated that there was something 'amiss' with me or my product. You want to be treated better? Try a different approach in your first post. When someone kicks me in the teeth I don't respond by shaking their hand, and I have a funny feeling you don't either.

As far as your "reference", LOL. That's like me posting only about C300's that have had horrible reliability issues, and ignoring the reliable ones. Way to go. You'll find plenty of members here that are extemely happy with the warranties they got from me, including a bunch that have seen payouts of 2x, even 8x in claims vs. what they paid for their warranties. The secret? Buy a good warranty from a good company from a good seller. Same tip as when buying a car.

This thread is for people interested in an extended warranty GP, please do not post in an advertiser/sponsor thread if you are not interested in the product being offered and/or do not have anything of value to add to the discussion.

Thank you.

Bruce

Last edited by Becks Imports; 12-20-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 AM

C450
Well, what an attitude.

The controversy is not about you or your "product," but the industry.

Ask yourself the following:

1. Do ad hominem attacks enhance your credibility?

2. Do you need to bolster your credibility to "sell the product" or does that reflect the controversy?

3. Why is there controversy about this industry, or is the controversy groundless?

I'll let the tenor of your various comments speak for themselves.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Addendum: as for your analogy, well, I suggest it is inapposite and false or misleading since both the German auto industry and Mercedes each have no genuine controversy surrounding either or both, especially Mercedes.

Last edited by Larry3Jswft; 12-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Well, what an attitude.

The controversy is not about you or your "product," but the industry.

Ask yourself the following:

1. Do ad hominem attacks enhance your credibility?

2. Do you need to bolster your credibility to "sell the product" or does that reflect the controversy?

3. Why is there controversy about this industry, or is the controversy groundless?

I'll let the tenor of your various comments speak for themselves.

Have a Merry Christmas.
You do not understand, I guess, but that's OK, not everyone realizes the meaning of their words or the cause/effect of what they say in a forum. You are coming into my place of business and slinging around off-topic negative insinuations about the product being offered.

Please delete your comments in this thread. They are both inappropriate and not centered around participating in the GP being offered by this sponsor. They are not even designed to get more information around the product being offered.

If they are not deleted very shortly I will ask a moderator to delete them.

Thanks and Merry Xmas to you as well.

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 AM

C450
Originally Posted by Becks Imports
You do not understand, I guess, but that's OK, not everyone realizes the meaning of their words or the cause/effect of what they say in a forum. You are coming into my place of business and slinging around off-topic negative insinuations about the product being offered.

Please delete your comments in this thread. They are both inappropriate and not centered around participating in the GP being offered by this sponsor. They are not even designed to get more information around the product being offered.

If they are not deleted very shortly I will ask a moderator to delete them.

Thanks and Merry Xmas to you as well.

Bruce
Your comments or postings invite fair comments, and that's what you got.

Now, as for moderators or whatever, feel free to drop the dime.

If you have any information from the Better Business Bureau or others, good, bad or indifferent, why not post it?

Simply making ad hominem comments doesn't make the industry controversy disappear.

Anyway, moderators, do whatever you wish, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Done.

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM

C450
Done.

Bruce
Well, that's fine, I can live with whatever the arbiters opine or say.

Now, it seems clear that we agree on more than we disagree from the content or substance of your postings: (1) there is controversy about the industry, and (2) folks need to do their research before buying.

I have no doubt you are a nice guy, but I do have an open mind about the industry.

Ironically, I was about to investigate your "product," but decided otherwise after your replies.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Glad I could dissuade you.

Ironically, if you started off with this:

"...there is controversy about the industry, and...folks need to do their research before buying."

the conversation would have gone another way. But you chose to try and cast me in a negative light, so you have to be prepared for the response you get from that type of post.

Thanks for changing your original response.

You are right, this industry is a minefield of unregulated liars and broken promises. But that's exactly why I am here. I choose the companies I represent very carefully. I live on word-of-mouth and referrals, and I like to sleep at night without my customers hating me. I don't sell products from those types of companies.

In fact, the companies chasing me to sell their products are hardly ever the ones I select. It's the ones that I chase, and that make me jump through hoops to prove I can represent them properly, that I want to work with.

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 AM

C450

"...there is controversy about the industry, and...folks need to do their research before buying."

the conversation would have gone another way. But you chose to try and cast me in a negative light, so you have to be prepared for the response you get from that type of post.

You are right, this industry is a minefield of unregulated liars and broken promises. But that's exactly why I am here. I choose the companies I represent very carefully. I live on word-of-mouth and referrals, and I like to sleep at night without my customers hating me. I don't sell products from those types of companies.

In fact, the companies chasing me to sell their products are hardly ever the ones I select. It's the ones that I chase, and that make me jump through hoops to prove I can represent them properly, that I want to work with.

Bruce
Hm, now I believe you are putting me in a false light, and imputing positions or opinions to me I have never stated nor held: so be it, others can decide if they are fair comments.

Now, is this "product" from Amtrust Warrantech?

Just what is the name and principal place of business of the company: I may still be interested.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM

C450

Bruce
Hm, now I believe you are putting me in a false light, and imputing positions or opinions to me I have never stated nor held: so be it, others can decide if they are fair comments.

Now, is this "product" from Amtrust Warrantech?

Just what is the name and principal place of business of the company: I may still be interested.

I have learned a valuable lesson, however: car salesmen have thin skins.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

You just double posted I think.

I represent a few companies. AmTrust is one, Fidelity another, CARS, Preferred, etc.

For purposes of this GP for Mercedes, I would only choose companies that are OK with paying franchised dealer repair rates. That usually means a company that has been selected by a manufacturer to adminster their plans to that manufacturer's own customers. This way you know due diligence has been done, and that they are not going to choose a company that treats customers like jerks.

AmTrust is one of those (they replaced EasyCare at Volvo and Mazda), and Fidelity is another (Audi and Porsche).

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 AM

C450
You just double posted I think.

I represent a few companies. AmTrust is one, Fidelity another, CARS, Preferred, etc.

For purposes of this GP for Mercedes, I would only choose companies that are OK with paying franchised dealer repair rates. That usually means a company that has been selected by a manufacturer to adminster their plans to that manufacturer's own customers. This way you know due diligence has been done, and that they are not going to choose a company that treats customers like jerks.

AmTrust is one of those (they replaced EasyCare at Volvo and Mazda), and Fidelity is another (Audi and Porsche).

Bruce
Yeah, age is tough.

I'll try again: is "Amtrust" "Amtrust Warrantech?"; what is the full corporate name of "Amtrust" so I can do my research; and, what is the principal place of business of "Amtrust" so I can do my research in that state?

I prefer to do my own research.

SECOND REQUEST: (1) is "Amtrust" "Amtrust Warrantech?"; (2) what is the full corporate name of "Amtrust?" (3) what is the principal place of business of "Amtrust"? (Texas?)

Last edited by Larry3Jswft; 12-20-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AmTrust is the parent company of Warrantech. They have several sub-brands, and are HQ'd in Texas.

Warrantech does a lot of private labeling, running plans for retailers and insurance companies, and often adminstering contracts written by the retailers (like with electronics).

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM

C450
AmTrust is the parent company of Warrantech. They have several sub-brands, and are HQ'd in Texas.

Warrantech does a lot of private labeling, running plans for retailers and insurance companies, and often adminstering contracts written by the retailers (like with electronics).

Bruce
Thanks, but without the full corporate name, I may not be able to do my research as I'd wish.

So, is it fair to say that Warrantech is a wholly owned subsidiary of "AmTrust?"

So, is it fair to say that "Warrantech" is the corporate person who agrees to the extended warranty, or is it "AmTrust?"

I'll try to research both names in Texas and other states, but, without the full corporate names and principal places of business, I may err.

Any further information would be appreciated.

Now, like all old folks, I must prepare for my doctor's appointment, and if you want the name of my umbrella insurer, just send me a private message.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:22 PM

C300 Sport 6MT
This is a religious debate IMO and should've been taken to a thread of it's own if the overall industry was to be debated. Just like insurance, it's up to the consumer to research and make their own decisions. I've purchased an extended warranty for my Volvo, but declined to do so for my old Passat because the options provided by the dealer were horrible. The Volvo warranty (it was through National tho???) was pretty solid after I read all the fine print, so I pulled the trigger.

Bruce's post was the same one I've seen in the past and he has gone to great lengths to say how he's differentiating himself from the shady extended warranty providers out there as he clearly knows and confirms that they exist. At the end of the day, though, it's up to the buyer to decide whether he can back up what he says.

This could've gone a totally different direction if you would've just asked the question towards the end about whether AmTrust is really AmTrust Warrantech. Simple question that would've received a simple answer, without any angst.

At the end of the day, though, Happy Holidays!

ps where's Sportstick when you need him?!?!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:27 PM

C450
Originally Posted by Doanster
This is a religious debate IMO and should've been taken to a thread of it's own if the overall industry was to be debated. Just like insurance, it's up to the consumer to research and make their own decisions. I've purchased an extended warranty for my Volvo, but declined to do so for my old Passat because the options provided by the dealer were horrible. The Volvo warranty (it was through National tho???) was pretty solid after I read all the fine print, so I pulled the trigger.

Bruce's post was the same one I've seen in the past and he has gone to great lengths to say how he's differentiating himself from the shady extended warranty providers out there as he clearly knows and confirms that they exist. At the end of the day, though, it's up to the buyer to decide whether he can back up what he says.

This could've gone a totally different direction if you would've just asked the question towards the end about whether AmTrust is really AmTrust Warrantech. Simple question that would've received a simple answer, without any angst.

At the end of the day, though, Happy Holidays!

ps where's Sportstick when you need him?!?!

Who is Sportstick?

Is this the same "Warrantech?" http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/busine...d-tx-86060022/

Well, I certainly apologize for my halting efforts at trying to get meaningful information, but I didn't realize you had to be personally satisfied with either form or substance.

Now that I, through research and dialogue, know which questions to "ask" first, I will certainly do that, and I may start a new thread as you suggest!

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Last edited by Larry3Jswft; 12-20-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: old eyes: "from" changed to "form"
Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Who is Sportstick?

Is this the same "Warrantech?" http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/busine...d-tx-86060022/

Well, I certainly apologize for my halting efforts at trying to get meaningful information, but I didn't realize you had to be personally satisfied with either form or substance.

Now that I, through research and dialogue, know which questions to "ask" first, I will certainly do that, and I may start a new thread as you suggest!

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!
There's no need to apologize for making an effort to find out more information. If you remember your original post, though, that's not how you started off.

Yes, that's Warrantech. But that's why you need to make a distinction between their auto business, and other lines of business, and even their auto business in doing their own plans vs. plans written by other companies that they are administering.

Look at the complaints. They are all about washing machines, electronics, and most of those are plans written by retailers that Warrantech has to abide by. On top of that, the number of complaints in a vacuum does not mean much.

Let's say you found 40 complaints specifically related to AmTrusts own auto warranty plans, so you were getting the right information. OF those 40, let's say 30 you decided were legitimate and were the fault of AmTrust.

Now, what does that mean? Nothing until you know the complaint ratio. If AmTrust sells 150 plans per month, 30 is a pretty horrendous complaint ratio. If they sell 1500 plans per month, it's worth noting, but obviously not as bad.

However, AmTrust sells north of 8,000 auto plans per month, so when you find 30 complaints, it's a pretty small percentage. Are they perfect? No, they are not, but neither is MB's CPO program, on which you'll find plenty of complaints here too. But overall, they are very good.

Bruce

Last edited by Becks Imports; 12-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM

C450
There's no need to apologize for making an effort to find out more information. If you remember your original post, though, that's not how you started off.
THAT'S YOUR OPINION AND YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IT; HOWEVER, I DISAGREE AND BELIEVE YOU ARE PUTTING ME IN A FALSE LIGHT.
Yes, that's Warrantech. But that's why you need to make a distinction between their auto business, and other lines of business, and even their auto business in doing their own plans vs. plans written by other companies that they are administerting.

Look at the complaints. They are all about washing machines, electronics, and most of those are plans written by retailers that Warrantech has to abide by. On top of that, the number of complaints in a vacuum does not mean much.

Let's say you found 40 complaints specifically related to AmTrusts own auto warranty plans, so you were getting the right information. OF those 40, let's say 30 you decided were legitimate and were the fault of AmTrust.

Now, what does that mean? Nothing until you know the complaint ratio. If AmTrust sells 150 plans per month, 30 is a pretty horrendous complaint ratio. If they sell 1500 plans per month, it's worth noting, but obviously not as bad.

However, AmTrust sells north of 8,000 auto plans per month, so when you find 30 complaints, it's a pretty small percentage. Are they perfect? No, they are not, but neither is MB's CPO program, on which you'll find plenty of complaints here too. But overall, they are very good.

Bruce
THAT'S YOUR OPINION AND YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IT; HOWEVER, I DISAGREE AND BELIEVE YOU ARE PUTTING ME IN A FALSE LIGHT.

Frankly, Bruce, what I've read scares my donkey, so I'll pass, but thanks for your offer or offer to make an offer.

I tend to doubt that there is any necessary relation between the quantity of anything, and whether, how or if the contracts are performed in a manner satisfactory to consumers if, or when the remote risk arises: I mean, the class you must satisfy is the class of claimants, not the class of buyers who have no claims or have never had a claim, right?

I've opened a new thread, and hope to obtain information on others apart from "Warrantech."

Last edited by Larry3Jswft; 12-20-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: false light issue moved
Old 12-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Frankly, Bruce, what I've read scares my donkey, so I'll pass, but thanks for your offer or offer to make an offer.

I tend to doubt that there is any necessary relation between the quantity of anything, and whether, how or if the contracts are performed in a manner satisfactory to consumers if, or when the remote risk arises: I mean, the class you must satisfy is the class of claimants, not the class of buyers who have no claims or have never had a claim, right?

I've opened a new thread, and hope to obtain information on others apart from "Warrantech."

Maybe it's time for a new donkey?

Anyway, Fidelity is the best in the business, and their Platinum plan is top coverage. Check them out (make sure you check Fidelity Warranty Services, not US Fidelis, Fidelity Automotive Solutions, etc). But since they sell over 15K plans per month, you'll still find plenty of complaints, valid and ridiculous.

As far as your original post, put it back up there, see if others think that it was more of an insinuation than an attempt to gether info (as you are now doing).

Bruce

Last edited by Becks Imports; 12-20-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 PM

C450
Maybe it's time for a new donkey?

Anyway, Fidelity is the best in the business, and their Platinum plan is top coverage. Check them out (make sure you check Fidelity Warranty Service, not US Fidelis, Fidelity Automotive Solutions, etc). But since they sell over 15K plans per month, you'll still find plenty of complaints, valid and ridiculous.

As far as your original post, put it back up there, see if others think that it was more of an insinuation than an attempt to gether info (as you are now doing).

Bruce
"They" don't give new donkeys to old men.

You and I are done, and I've learned quite a bit.

It is my opinion that there is no necessary or rational relation between the number of contracts "sold" and the likelihood of satisfactory contract performance; rather, if anything, it reflects only the skill of the "salesmen" promoting the "product."

I offered you my umbrella insurer, and the offer still stands-if you want me to "put it back up" just let me know and I'll oblige you.

Now, it's off to the donkey doctor, but good luck with your sales and "products," and Merry Christmas.

Hee, haw!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Good luck at Dr!

When you do web research, you're not researching satisfactory contract performance. You're researching the number of consumer complaints. BIG difference.

There is a correlation between complaints and contracts sold. How can there not be? A company with a 99% satisfaction ratio will have 1% in complaints.

So if they sell 100 plans, they have one complaint. If they sell 10,000 plans, they have 100 complaints.

Bruce
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM

C450
Good luck at Dr!

When you do web research, you're not researching satisfactory contract performance. You're researching the number of consumer complaints. BIG difference.

There is a correlation between complaints and contracts sold. How can there not be? A company with a 99% satisfaction ratio will have 1% in complaints.

So if they sell 100 plans, they have one complaint. If they sell 10,000 plans, they have 100 complaints.

Bruce
Ah, just when I was leaving!

These are your opinions and I have mine, as stated.

I would tell you that I have superior knowledge of the field, but then you'd guess what I used to do!

Now, if you consent, I'll be happy to restore my original posts, and offer you one more gratuitous opinion: it is a matter of common knowledge, among reasonable people, that there is a direct correlation between consumer complaints and contract performance.

Hee, haw!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBWorld Extended Warranty GP