C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Issues Shifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63s Coupe 2016 C450 DAILY
Issues Shifting

I'm having shifting issues as it seems. When driving the car normally and the gears change I can notice it shifting pretty well which worries me because I could never before unless flooring it, which obviously is normal I would think. now a little history

its on 08 sport
bought as CPO with 50k miles
the failed to so 39k mile transmission service and sold it as CPO anyways .
recently they decided they shouldnt have and did the service a half job by not draining TC and claimed that you don't have to drain tc for CPO guidelines.
Car is at 64k miles now and been in twice for this issue,
they claim no codes are showing
Service advisor pointed it out to me when he test drove it but service manager claims that its normal and can't reproduce the issue.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM

Edit: I can notice it shifting, as there is a tug or pull or feel of the shift.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes C300
I've noticed it during a cold start up and when there's an upshift and I let go of the gas pedal, forcing it to down shift. I'm trying to kill the habit. You can have them drop the pan to see if there's an excess amount of metal shavings, which would indicate an issue.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Domm
I've noticed it during a cold start up and when there's an upshift and I let go of the gas pedal, forcing it to down shift. I'm trying to kill the habit. You can have them drop the pan to see if there's an excess amount of metal shavings, which would indicate an issue.
mines on constant acceleration when the gears change , finally heard back from MBUSA today and they are going to re do the transmission service as they were supposed to. going to have them give me a sample of what comes out of the torque converter and the pan to send it in for testing. hopefully it fixes the issue

Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300 sedan, P1, Multimedia, Burmester
Originally Posted by Bosnia1992
mines on constant acceleration when the gears change , finally heard back from MBUSA today and they are going to re do the transmission service as they were supposed to. going to have them give me a sample of what comes out of the torque converter and the pan to send it in for testing. hopefully it fixes the issue

In my opinion, you need to raise hell with that MB dealer. The corner-cutting with the first transmission service is abominable, and the service manager's assessment of the problem being inconsistent with your service-advisor's assessment is horrible customer service. Complain, complain, and complain some more.

Remember that you bought an MB and not a Chevy. I reminded my service manager of this once and they responded with pricey gift certificates and formal, written apologies (probably form-letter, but whatever). They will make you feel bad for bringing in the car for the same issue over and over, but it seems like your issue is legit. They are a business, after all.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by awstansbury
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnia1992

In my opinion, you need to raise hell with that MB dealer. The corner-cutting with the first transmission service is abominable, and the service manager's assessment of the problem being inconsistent with your service-advisor's assessment is horrible customer service. Complain, complain, and complain some more.

Remember that you bought an MB and not a Chevy. I reminded my service manager of this once and they responded with pricey gift certificates and formal, written apologies (probably form-letter, but whatever). They will make you feel bad for bringing in the car for the same issue over and over, but it seems like your issue is legit. They are a business, after all.
It took a field manager to go out or contact my dealer to fix the transmission service issue, I've been complaining ,on top of everything else. unfortunately I only have one Mercedes Benz dealership in my area and the other nearest one is 2 hours away. I just feel scammed and a terrible first Mercedes expierence with the dealership.