C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

'09 c300 6 speed clutch problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 SPORT
'09 c300 6 speed clutch problems

Sooo my '09 c300 seems to have its clutch go out @ 58k miles.

I drive normal, been driving manual for 12 years and every car i've had was manual clutch never needed to be repalced for at least 80k at the min.

anyways my symptoms are i'll engage the clutch and have to move it towards first gear the car will start to move slowly and when i hit a certain mph/rpm it'll pop into first gear and from then on i can switch gears but i'll sort of have to really force it into the next gear. if i come to a full stop i'll have to repeat the process again.

i stopped driving the car. i definitely don't want to do anymore damage to it. i made a few calls and had an MB tech actually come by my place. by just driving it and taking a look at it he said it can either be the clutch but it also can be the hydraulic unit that controls the clutch?

anybody else out there have any problems like this? if so with symptoms like mine was it a clutch replacement or something else?

tomorrow is sunday and everywhere is closed i won't be able to take it anywhere until monday.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by rcsuarez
Sooo my '09 c300 seems to have its clutch go out @ 58k miles.

I drive normal, been driving manual for 12 years and every car i've had was manual clutch never needed to be repalced for at least 80k at the min.

anyways my symptoms are i'll engage the clutch and have to move it towards first gear the car will start to move slowly and when i hit a certain mph/rpm it'll pop into first gear and from then on i can switch gears but i'll sort of have to really force it into the next gear. if i come to a full stop i'll have to repeat the process again.

i stopped driving the car. i definitely don't want to do anymore damage to it. i made a few calls and had an MB tech actually come by my place. by just driving it and taking a look at it he said it can either be the clutch but it also can be the hydraulic unit that controls the clutch?

anybody else out there have any problems like this? if so with symptoms like mine was it a clutch replacement or something else?

tomorrow is sunday and everywhere is closed i won't be able to take it anywhere until monday.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
The clutch is not fully disengaging and pressure against the first gear synchro is what's moving the car. You are right not to drive it. It could be the clutch slave cylinder which is a cheap fix. Or the clutch disc is not sliding on the splines due to rust accumulation. I owned a Corvette long ago that developed the same malady and it was rusty splines.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 SPORT
Thanks for the reply. Ill definitely share what I find after I take it into the shop on Monday.