C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Pictures of my mods so far! 2012 w204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C250 Coupe
Looks good man. I thought the coupe grill made such a difference on my car. It makes the car look very sporty, not too AMG but almost like a middle ground between C63 and normal sports package. Also, did you end up using the T-Bar?
Old 02-20-2014, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
thanks bro! Huge difference at least to me. And yes I did use the t-bar. I bought it from dealer for $25
Old 02-20-2014, 04:22 PM

2015 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by MBSebas87
thanks bro! Huge difference at least to me. And yes I did use the t-bar. I bought it from dealer for $25
Interesting did it help that much? Like I said, when I put my grill on it seemed to be secure enough without one. But if you had bought it anyways might as well use it I guess.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
ohh yeah that grille isnt going anywhere without the tbar. I installed it because came with it. lol
Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 PM

2015 C250 Coupe
ohh yeah that grille isnt going anywhere without the tbar. I installed it because came with it. lol
Lol that's what I thought. But your right, might as well use it since it came with it.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4matic
All are very tastefully done mods!

I also have AMG pins, x-pipe, 35% tint, 5000K eyebrows and clear side markers. Next is aftermarket AMG style single fin front grill and my stock wheels have been sprayed in gun metal gray plasti dip. They look fantastic and cost me about $60 to do it.

Your car looks great
Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by lsks
All are very tastefully done mods!

I also have AMG pins, x-pipe, 35% tint, 5000K eyebrows and clear side markers. Next is aftermarket AMG style single fin front grill and my stock wheels have been sprayed in gun metal gray plasti dip. They look fantastic and cost me about $60 to do it.

Your car looks great
thanks man...I try to keep it clean and not go overboard Can you post pics of your plasti dipped stock wheels? sounds very interesting
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 PM

W204
Which wheel are you considering from Power Wheels Pros? I sent Vassili a PM and he told me they're all sold out for a while. I guess it's a good thing, I'm loving the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 tires that I just put on. Such a big upgrade from OE Conti's.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM

2008 C300 4matic
thanks man...I try to keep it clean and not go overboard Can you post pics of your plasti dipped stock wheels? sounds very interesting
They turned out better than expected, gun metal gray and a glossifier. About 4-5 light coats of the gun metal, one gloss at the end. I will switch my wheels once winter is done with.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-21-2014, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by W204white2010
Which wheel are you considering from Power Wheels Pros? I sent Vassili a PM and he told me they're all sold out for a while. I guess it's a good thing, I'm loving the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 tires that I just put on. Such a big upgrade from OE Conti's.
823 model...and yes he posted on another thread that they're sold out.

I'm debating whether to get pilot a/s3 or conti dws? I know the pilots are much more superior than any all season (I've read the reviews) but the DWS offer better performance in the snow. I don't wanna get winter tires.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by lsks
They turned out better than expected, gun metal gray and a glossifier. About 4-5 light coats of the gun metal, one gloss at the end. I will switch my wheels once winter is done with.

[IMG][/IMG]
WOW those wheels look awesome man!! ....I think that's my next project!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I don't wanna get winter tires.
Words you may regret! 4MATIC helps you get moving, but does nothing for braking and turning. Winter tires with a rubber compound which has better traction in the snow/ice may be the difference between hitting another car, sliding off the road, etc.......or not.

Either of the all-season tires you are considering are very good, although AS3 are far superior, actually the best out there, in the dry/wet. Neither is considered capable for more than light snow, even the DWS. From what you've been getting in New Jersey, trying to get by on all season tires is a high risk proposition.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W204
Not feelin that grill at all, rest looks ok...
Old 02-21-2014, 07:52 PM

2008 C300 4matic
WOW those wheels look awesome man!! ....I think that's my next project!

Thank you! Yes a little bit of prep time and work but the good results are easy to get and cost about $60 for it. Also nice that it actually protects the wheels and one can remove it if down the road you change your mind

Got it here https://www.dipyourcar.com/

They have very good how to videos as well
Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 PM

2013 mb c300 sport
Where did you get the led side markers from?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Words you may regret! 4MATIC helps you get moving, but does nothing for braking and turning. Winter tires with a rubber compound which has better traction in the snow/ice may be the difference between hitting another car, sliding off the road, etc.......or not.

Either of the all-season tires you are considering are very good, although AS3 are far superior, actually the best out there, in the dry/wet. Neither is considered capable for more than light snow, even the DWS. From what you've been getting in New Jersey, trying to get by on all season tires is a high risk proposition.
Sportstick I agree with you 100% on the winter tires but what I realized is that winter is almost over and power wheels pro is sold out on the wheels I want lol. I have to get new tires soon regardless so I'm just trying to make up my mind. I'm leaning more and more towards AS3
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by tahoe2232
Where did you get the led side markers from?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-2012-14-MERCEDES-W204-COUPE-SEDAN-AMBER-LED-SMOKE-BUMPER-SIDE-MARKER-LIGHT-/171239549896?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27deac2bc8
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X4M, G80 M3
Thanks man! The grille is OEM and if you get it from the dealer, mine was asking $430. lol I ended up ordering it from genuinemercedesparts.com for $320 including shipping. There's a guy selling it too on ebay but he's asking $369. And about the SL grille, I like it but just don't want to give my car the looks of something is not.

I'm actually happy with my headlights. I got 6k HIDs and they look pretty awesome at night. It's just not worth spending 1k on new headlights imo.
Agree =)

How's the light output though ?
Thought about the spyder headlights ?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Is the HID in the reflector housing? I hope not.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Thought about the spyder headlights ?[/QUOTE]

output is great!! so much better than halogen...and somebody posted a link better than the spyder headlights on this thread. I think they're sold out tho

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...lack-c300.html
Old 02-25-2014, 03:01 AM

Mercedez Benz C350 2013
Thumbs up

So i finally got around to install the c250 coupe 2 fin grille and smoked led side markers. I'm actually really liking the sidemarkers at night! They just look awesome. I was a little afraid about the looks during the day but as you can see in the pics, it looks decent actually. Here's some pics.
Coming up new dual exhaust diffuser and roof spoiler.

those smoked led's look sick. Definitely need to do that to my benz. Did it take long to install?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X4M, G80 M3

I agree with this , but I must comment on the DWS i got it back in jan 2011 on a RWD Cadillac STS and it made such a huge improvement on the stock tires. I drove it in the 1-5" of snow that winter, plenty of rain (didn't scare me when going thru puds at 80mph). I know the reviews are saying AS3 is great but the reviews are now saying its not better than the DWS especially in snow/ice according to tirerack

Sportstick I agree with you 100% on the winter tires but what I realized is that winter is almost over and power wheels pro is sold out on the wheels I want lol. I have to get new tires soon regardless so I'm just trying to make up my mind. I'm leaning more and more towards AS3
Look what happened to me for not spending $300-400 on some DWS via craigslist that would of helped me

just into my first car accident about a week n half ago on a sunday morning in a ice street.
15mph a car got in my way and just touched my left tear but when i hit the brake my car slid off and i hit a parked car =\ (Stock All-Season Tires with less than 10k miles)

Thought about the spyder headlights ?
output is great!! so much better than halogen...and somebody posted a link better than the spyder headlights on this thread. I think they're sold out tho

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...lack-c300.html[/QUOTE]
I think u mean the most expensive ones that look exactly like oem ?
If so yes I can't find them anywhere, but the aftermarket the OP has look good too i wonder if it will fit our cars
Old 02-25-2014, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
AS3 is certainly a great choice, and leaves you lots of time to pick up some new shoes for next winter! However, they are not being evaluated as the best possible all season tire for (the risky choice) of winter use. Tire Rack testing said the outgoing Pilot Sport AS+ was better in winter, but not as good the other three seasons, where AS3 is the new best-in-class. Can't have it all!!

Originally Posted by robnyc
I agree with this , but I must comment on the DWS i got it back in jan 2011 on a RWD Cadillac STS and it made such a huge improvement on the stock tires. I drove it in the 1-5" of snow that winter, plenty of rain (didn't scare me when going thru puds at 80mph). I know the reviews are saying AS3 is great but the reviews are now saying its not better than the DWS especially in snow/ice according to tirerack

Look what happened to me for not spending $300-400 on some DWS via craigslist that would of helped me

just into my first car accident about a week n half ago on a sunday morning in a ice street.
15mph a car got in my way and just touched my left tear but when i hit the brake my car slid off and i hit a parked car =\ (Stock All-Season Tires with less than 10k miles)
Yes, DWS will be directionally correct versus stock OE tires, and offer a significant improvement. On a 1-10 scale, if OE is 1, DWS in winter may be 6, quite a leap, but my logic has always been to strive for 9-10. Here is what Tire Rack says about DWS...note "light snow and slush":

"The ExtremeContact DWS is designed to satisfy their year-round driving needs by blending dry and wet road performance with light snow and slush traction."

Sorry about the accident, but the DWS may or may not have been enough to help, and that same logic applies to dedicated winters, but they improve your odds quite a bit more.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by QueeenOfHearrts
those smoked led's look sick. Definitely need to do that to my benz. Did it take long to install?
thanks dude...and nahhh I read on other threads that it was difficult but once you pull the black plastic out from the wheel well, all you have to do is push the housing out. You'll see.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by robnyc
I think u mean the most expensive ones that look exactly like oem ?
If so yes I can't find them anywhere, but the aftermarket the OP has look good too i wonder if it will fit our cars
yes those. I searched for them but nothing as well :/ and sorry to hear about the accident

AS3 is certainly a great choice, and leaves you lots of time to pick up some new shoes for next winter! However, they are not being evaluated as the best possible all season tire for (the risky choice) of winter use. Tire Rack testing said the outgoing Pilot Sport AS+ was better in winter, but not as good the other three seasons, where AS3 is the new best-in-class. Can't have it all!!
so true...can't have it all lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my mods so far! 2012 w204