C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Keyless Go problems - dealer stumped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
Eureka ! Finally ! After 5 trips to the dealer over a 60 day time frame , and three loaners, my 2012 C 250 Keyless go problem seems to be fixed. Yessss ! My car ,too, experienced the same symptoms as Mr " Emotto". The dealer installed a second software fix a month ago. The car has performed flawlessly since. Knock on wood. If you have keyless-go problems, encourage the dealer to look into software flaws. Am pleased with the car ( 20k miles ) ,except for this issue. Thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
Having same problem with our 2010 C300. Had car for 2.5 years only occasional problem with gettin door. Worst situation today, beeped while in the car driving with phob in pocket. Changed battery in phob but still not sure it worked. Calling dealer tomorrow, will advise a resolution.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:46 AM

Mercees 300E 4matic 1989
Wrong transporter.

Originally Posted by emmotto
I have a 2012 C300 4matic sedan with KG. The car is new - bought at the end of the model year in late August 2012 - total mileage 1956 - 400+ of which have been put on by the dealer.

I began developing intermittent KG problems in November, slowly increasing in frequency to the point where is was annoying enough to bring the car in for service in December.

Since Christmas the car has been back to the dealer 4 times and for a total of 21 days. They have replaced the key batteries, the keys themselves, the KG computer module. The last time the dealer had the car was for 8 days - it was returned to me today with the dealer saying they tried everything they could think of but they could not reproduce the problem. Within 1/2 hour of the car's return I was locked out of it yet again!

So 2 scenarios -

1. if I leave the car unlocked and get in and press the start button it will work sometimes and sometimes it will say KEY NOT DETECTED. Even if I am waving the key in front of the speedometer. Once I press any button on the smart key itself, the car will now recognise the key and I can start the car.

2. If the car is locked, sometimes it will recognize the key and allow me to unlock the car and sometimes I will walk up with my key in my pocket and I am unable to open any door or the trunk and the speedometer will say KEY NOT DETECTED. Once I press any button on the smart key itself, the car will now recognise the key and I can enter and start the car.

Problem happens with both keys, in multiple locations (garage, driveway, office parking lot, local store) - doesn't seem to car what I have in my pocket or on my person - iPhone5, home security system key RFID key fob (works or fails with it or without it). I don't have a metal plate or screws anywhere in my body (that I know of).

Today when the car was dropped off, I tested the door action and all was fine. Then I drove it around to the back of my office building and locked it. I went upstairs and came back down 1/2 hour later to go out and pick up some lunch. LOCKED OUT. All 4 doors. Took key off key ring with security FOB and gave it to my friend who walked 50 feet away. Still locked out. Pressed unlock button on key - doors unlock. Then I drove 1 mile to a store, parked and locked the car and went inside. Came out 10 minutes later and same thing - LOCKED OUT. Gave my friend my cell phone and he took it 50 feet away - no joy. Pressed the button and drove back to work. One hour later back downstairs - everything exactly the same - same key, same jacket, same pocket and walk up to car and Voila! KG works.

I have video'ed this happening 3 times and sent to the dealer. It's probably happened a total of 30+ times. Dealer was able to have car fail initially but now won't fail for him.

Any ideas?
You have bought an overly high tech transporter that is not yet perfected. Sell it and get a low mileage 124,, that means anything less than 200K miles!! I've had 2 300E 4Matics and when I ram in the key.. there is NOTHING for the car to recognise, except the signal to the starter. What a load of unecessary hassle MB has created. I was looking at a used 2012 C, NOT ANY MORE!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:56 AM

2008 E350
I have '08 E350 and it was bought used about 1 month ago, I would like to use the keyless go entry but only the one light lights up......not 2, my question is because I am the 3rd owner is this why it is not working? Does this key need to be reset at the dealer? Or should I just leave well enough alone!