C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

w204 rain water leaking in to engine bay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200 kompressor
w204 rain water leaking in to engine bay

Hi

My 2009 w204 c class is leaking water in to the engine bay on top of the fuse box. All the drains are fine.

The rubber seal around the wiper arm motor pivot on the driver side is letting water enter the engine bay due to a slight gap between the pivot and rubber seal.

The rubber seal cant be replaced as it is built in to the plastic unit. How could stop this leak ? any recommendations??

Would silicone seal it?

Please advise
Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by ukusman
Hi

My 2009 w204 c class is leaking water in to the engine bay on top of the fuse box. All the drains are fine.

The rubber seal around the wiper arm motor pivot on the driver side is letting water enter the engine bay due to a slight gap between the pivot and rubber seal.

The rubber seal cant be replaced as it is built in to the plastic unit. How could stop this leak ? any recommendations??

Would silicone seal it?

Please advise
In the absence of any advice , you could neatly form a little inverted cup with some silicon around the shaft with it continuing a little way down & over the seal, forming a little umbrella . Before hand I would put a little rubber grease or something similar to stop the silicon sticking to the seal when the shaft turns. See if it works. You have nothing too loose except your smokers cough!!

Otherwise you could buy a rubber/ neoprene cup seal from a bearing seal shop that would fit over the shaft after removing the wipers.