C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Wheels for C-Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C204
New Wheels for C-Coupe

Hello everyone,

I'm seriously a newbie when it comes to car-related upgrades. I had a few questions regarding tire/rims upgrades.

From researching the forum and the net, I realize that upgrading the wheel will result in a larger tire, unless one chooses to get a smaller profile tire. The larger the tire, the bigger discrepancy on the speedometer.

My questions are this:

The owner's manual states that the C-Class can be equipped with 17, 18, and 19 inch rims. But they state that the c250/300/350 have a max of 18 while the c63 can have the 19s. My question is this: What does the car detect? If it's a c250/350 does it auto adjust for the Mercedes recommended tires/wheels for 18 inches but wont for 19 unless it's a c63?

I am thinking about getting C63 replica AMG 19 inch rims for my car and want to make sure that the car can adjust as necessary. Reading the owner's manual, I couldn't find anywhere that stated where options were in COMAND to address some of these changes.

I guess my question is does my car have multiple factory settings that I can change for wheels/tires or is that unchagable and any deviation will be based on the particular wheels/tires that came with my car. I would assume since Mercedes themselves offers 18 inch rims for my vehicle that that could be easily done without having the speedo off. Is there a setting in the computer that a consumer can access or only someone w/ access to STAR diagnostics?

Thank you for the help!